New Orleans Babies
Options

What Mardi Gras parades would you take your kids to?

Are there any Mardi Gras parades you feel are more "kid-friendly" over others? Any parades you would not take children to?

Re: What Mardi Gras parades would you take your kids to?

• Options

In the past, I've taken the boys to the day parades on Saturday and Sunday. We go to the uptown end of St Charles (near Napoleon) because it's pretty family-friendly.

Or you can do the Metairie/Westbank parades. That's what we did when I was a kid.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:

In the past, I've taken the boys to the day parades on Saturday and Sunday. We go to the uptown end of St Charles (near Napoleon) because it's pretty family-friendly.

Or you can do the Metairie/Westbank parades. That's what we did when I was a kid.

Agreed.

Although I do have to say, we took DD to Little Rascals (we live in Kenner and LR is a parade geared towards kids along the Metairie route) and I really was NOT feeling it AT ALL.  I think the Metairie route (the majority of it) has gone WAY downhill re: the type of people out there.  Not to sound snooty in anyway, but it's just something I have noticed steadily over the past few years and I told DH that I am pretty much done with even bothering with Metairie parades at this point.

But I LOVE the area Pea-kay mentioned - St. Charles/Napoleon.  We usually spend the entire day out there for the day parades and then Bacchus on teh Sunday before MG.  Never disappointed and always comfortable with the people and atmosphere.  We wont be taking DD out this year because I still think she's too young (not to mention I'm way too pregnant for that) but it is something we will go back to in the future.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took DD to the Olympia parade in Covington. It is very family-friendly (no pushing, smaller crowds, lots of police present). The mounted police officers were very friendly and patient as DD wanted to pet all of the horses. We may do Endymion this weekend, but only b/c our old landlord has invited us over, is saving us a parking spot, and I can bring DD back there if she gets overwhelmed or overly tired. (our old house was less than a block from the parade route)
    imageimage
  • Options
    we def do the northshore parades, they're pretty family friendly. But in the city we'll be at Zulu and the parades on Tuesday. We have a friend who owns a shop on St charles, so there's food, bathrooms and somwehere to park. Otherwise I'd be at napoleon and st charles as well.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"