3rd Trimester

Pregnancy symptom you least expected....

Now that we're either at the end or towards the end of our pregnancies, what is the weirdest pregnancy symptom that you've had?

Here's mine: Before pregnancy I had only blushed maybe 3 times in my entire life. Since becoming pregnant I seriously blush over EVERYTHING! I told my midwife we got our taxes back the other day and blushed. Wow.

Any weird ones? They don't have to be as weird as constant blushing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnancy symptom you least expected....

• Grinding my teeth.  That is how I knew I was pregnant the second time before I even took my test!

• Mine's not really a symptom but I wasn't expecting people to look at me this funny LOL.

I'm a really tiny girl only about 115 lbs. And this is my first baby so I really didn't gain any weight other than my belly. I literally look like someone just strapped a basketball to my belly. But when I'm out, people look at me like I'm a freak haha. I don't know if they're just trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or not but everybody stares at me.

• Loading the player...
  • Craving cottage cheese. I mean, I've always liked it...but now I have to eat it all.the.time.

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
  • I've had constipation issues my entire life, but since I've been pregnant I've had a BM every single day around 10am. It's awesome! I was really surprised b/c for most people it seems like constipation gets worse during pregnancy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The drooling... it happens while I'm awake if I'm not careful and for sure when I'm asleep!!!  It's bad.. not just a little, like a big puddle on my snoogle!! LOL  How sexy am I?!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePhil&Corinna:
    The drooling... it happens while I'm awake if I'm not careful and for sure when I'm asleep!!!  It's bad.. not just a little, like a big puddle on my snoogle!! LOL  How sexy am I?!

OH MY GOSH! Me too! I'm so happy to hear someone else is experiencing this too. I'm really hoping it tapers off after the baby comes out.  

• In my first tri, I passed out cold while standing in line at my insurance office and had to be hauled out in an ambulance. That has never happened to me before, so I was very alarmed, but the doctor at the ER simply told me, "You're pregnant, that happens sometimes." And I've had dizzy spells ever since. Blood pressure and sugar are both totally fine. I guess it just happens sometimes!
  • imagePhil&Corinna:
    The drooling... it happens while I'm awake if I'm not careful and for sure when I'm asleep!!!  It's bad.. not just a little, like a big puddle on my snoogle!! LOL  How sexy am I?!

yup!  this is me!  i sleep with a hand towel in between my pillow case and pillow now :) 

• I didn't realize that I would be constipated for 9 months straight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekrayola99:

imagePhil&Corinna:

yup!  this is me!  i sleep with a hand towel in between my pillow case and pillow now :) 

Add me to the list of droolers...I was getting my prenatal massage the other day and I was drooling uncontrollably!!!! I was so embarassed!

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Snorting - I snort when I'm speaking and sometimes just when inhaling deeply! I have never been a snorter before pregnancy...lolol

Also, the drooling - like the pp, I have an insane amount of drooling. My snoogle gets so wet that my hair ends of soaking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow- DROOLERS UNITE! 
  • imageNyki88:

Now that we're either at the end or towards the end of our pregnancies, what is the weirdest pregnancy symptom that you've had?

Here's mine: Before pregnancy I had only blushed maybe 3 times in my entire life. Since becoming pregnant I seriously blush over EVERYTHING! I told my midwife we got our taxes back the other day and blushed. Wow.

This.  I thought it was some freak change that was suddenly happening!

• imagejmcnece:
    imageNyki88:

Isn't it horrible? I hate feeling like that over the most stupid things! 

• Excessive swelling of hands and feet for no identifiable reason.... other than being pregnant haha!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Mother effing CARPAL TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have another one.. My hands are always clamy and sweaty! it sucks
  • imagemy4pups:
    Mother effing CARPAL TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word.  

• EcyEcy member

The drooling thing for me started a couple of weeks ago and it's terrible!  I'm so glad that I'm not alone. I had no idea this was even a symptom.  I'm bad with the snorting too and I'm pretty sure my snoring has increased quite a bit when I sleep. 

However, I think they worst symptom I have that nobody really warned me about was pregnancy brain!  I have the hardest time getting thoughts out or even putting them together in my own head.  This makes it difficult for teaching.  I have to stop and pull myself together often!

• imageNyki88:

imagePhil&Corinna:

OH MY GOSH! Me too! I'm so happy to hear someone else is experiencing this too. I'm really hoping it tapers off after the baby comes out.  

Yep the drooling has been bad for me as well!

• I knew my boobs would grow, but I did not expect them to practically double in size already (DD to H).

I also didn't expect to have gas that rivaled my husband.

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Snorting! I totally thought that it was just me and I was a weirdo! Glad to know I'm not alone...! Stick out tongue
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Add me to the list of droolers as well. It isn't something that happens every night but when it does it is so bad and so disgusting.

I also have really bad pregnancy brain. I mean seriously one day I went into the grocery store and completely forgot what I went there for. I had to walk down all the aisles to remember. LOL! Now I make a list. But of course the list doesn't help me when I leave it at home.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine isn't really a symptom.  But I never expected it to be so difficult to do so many simple, everyday tasks.  Examples: bending over to pick something up, bending over to put my socks and shoes on, shaving, vacuuming, doing laundry, standing still for even a few minutes, walking around the mall...  I'm sure if I had really thought about it before I would have realized that bending over and shaving would have been difficult but I never thought about it!
  • imagemy4pups:

Yes! I have this as well. Excessive hand swelling and "pregnancy carpal tunnel". WTF. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagemy4pups:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST SYMPTOM EVER!! I was telling DH that this morning!! Sooooooo painful!!!

• Just last night, I looked in the mirror and realized that my nose was bigger.  I checked again this morning, and it isn't my imagination, that thing has spread.

Why, of all body parts, does the NOSE need to grow?  It isn't bring more oxygen into my body, because bigger = more stuffed. 

• It's not weird but I just had no idea about the problems of sciatica. Seriously, it has been crippling! :(
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not being able to eat chocolate. It gives me the worst heartburn. Of course, I always seem to forget this when SO brings home warm cookies from work. And then I'm crying in pain 10 minutes later...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • imagenormajeane6126:
    Not being able to eat chocolate. It gives me the worst heartburn. Of course, I always seem to forget this when SO brings home warm cookies from work. And then I'm crying in pain 10 minutes later...

I can handle chocolate but tomato products kill me! I had never had heartburn or reflux before pregnancy so that was a shocker.  

• Having a rib head pop out of place.  It is very painful.
  • imageNyki88:
    imagejmcnece:
    imageNyki88:

Isn't it horrible? I hate feeling like that over the most stupid things! 

I've been blushing a ton too! I didn't think it was b/c of my pgness! Interesting!

My other symptom is GERD/terrible acid reflux. Last week I couldn't keep food down & lost 4lbs in two days. The cough is horrible & even with stronger meds I still fear I'll cough too hard & puke on someone at work/in public. :(

• imagemelgrady:

I also didn't expect to have gas that rivaled my husband.

THIS!  I feel kinda bad for people sometimes *>_>* 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't expect to have the daily bloody noses that last 5 minutes long and seem like I'm bleeding to death.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Skin tags. *shudder*
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• I think the worst is the increase and amount of discharge.  It makes it sooo uncomfortable.  I am afraid to sneeze or laugh hard!

• The snail trail! Why can't it stay in one palce like it used to!
  • My left heel is numb and has been this whole pregnancy.  I asked my doctors about it and they said "that is a new one".  It is such a weird feeling.

I also was not expecting the heartburn/reflux.  I did get a few months of relief in hte 2nd tri, but it is back with a vengence.

• imageMags04:
    I didn't expect to have the daily bloody noses that last 5 minutes long and seem like I'm bleeding to death.

This!  I also got the "mask of pregnancy" that is usually on the face but for me it was on my feet.  Weird splotchy feet.  Not to mention the sexy line down my stomach or incredible amount of fuzz EVERYWHERE. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really didn't expect for "pregnancy brain" to affect me so much.  I'm having a horrible time with forgetfulness and just blanking out while doing everyday tasks.  

The more normal symptom that I didn't expect was the rib pain.  I'd heard about back pain, but my back pain is nothing when compared to the rib pain! 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"