Phoenix Babies
Options

almost 7 mos. pregnant and employer cutting hours back to part time and losing health insurance.help

I have been working for a small business for 4 1/2 years. the business is going down and by boss cut my hours down to 24 hours making me un eligible for health insrance. can i qualify for unemployment? is this legal? does the health insurance have to continue care until i deliver?

Re: almost 7 mos. pregnant and employer cutting hours back to part time and losing health insurance.help

• Options
    i'm not positive, but i believe all that has to be offered to you is COBRA. which is the actual cost of the insurance, plus 2%. so sorry to hear you're going through this so close to baby coming. you should definitely see if you qualify for https://www.azahcccs.gov/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I have checked and COBRA is not available since the company is so small, only 4 employees. I applied for ahcccs and unfortunately I do not qualify because they lump my husband's and my income together, they said we earn too much. If I end up going on bed rest and not working then i would qualify, but I don't necessarily want to do that either.  But lately my hands and feet have been swelling and i still have 41 days to go.

not sure what i am going to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"