Washington Babies
Options

CD Mom's come on in...

DH and I are curious about cloth diapering. Neither one of us know anything about it, how much it costs, etc. When I googled it I got a million listings and I don't know where to start. Can you ladies point me to the best places to get information on CD? I'm guessing there are a few go to sites you ladies use.

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: CD Mom's come on in...

• Options

Yup, there is so so so so so so so so SO much info out there! 

Here's a GREAT place to start:

https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/basics.htm

Personally, I am a part time CDer, I couldn't commit to exclusively CDing, but we do have about 17 OS pocket diapers that I use often.  I have mostly smartipants brand, I also have one BumGenius 3.0 OS and about 4 fuzzibunz OS.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Birth and Beyond and Punkernoodle have CD classes you can take.  The FAQ and folks on the CD and EFF boards are also friendly and helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like Pinstripes and Polkadots too!  The CD board here has some great FAQs as well.  I highly recommend attending a CD class (with your DH too, if he's willing.)  We went to one at Birth and Beyond, and then I went to one without DH at Punkernoodle.  There is a TON of info out there, it's true, and I was super overwhelmed at first, but you'll get it.  It's actually not as intimidating as I first thought.  We CD full time (DD hasn't worn a sposie since before Thanksgiving, and only then because we were on a plane) and it's really very easy, and fun!  I love picking out cute patterns for her to wear, seasonal dipes...I even have one for her first birthday photos already.  :)

I love how many current and future CDers we have here...yay for emptier landfills! 

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! The environmental factor really appeals to me. I'll have to go check out the CD board. To be honest I've never explored any of the National Boards. I feel safer here. LOL! Wink
  • Options
    J-Lu and I are both exclusive cloth diapering, so feel free to ask any questions.  There is so much info out there.  To start I used prefolds (for the newborn faze), then moved to Bumgenious exclusively.  I didn't know which ones I'd liek the best, so you can rent or buy a variety selection from many of the online sites to try them all out. 
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • Options

imageKglan:
    J-Lu and I are both exclusive cloth diapering, so feel free to ask any questions.  There is so much info out there.  To start I used prefolds (for the newborn faze), then moved to Bumgenious exclusively.  I didn't know which ones I'd liek the best, so you can rent or buy a variety selection from many of the online sites to try them all out. 

Oh thank you! From what I've read so far (today) it sounds like a good idea to try a variety before buying a bunch of one type. I'm trying to stock up on information so when the time comes I can get DH on board. He is really pretty open to anything, but the thought of washing diapers in the washing machine freaks him out a little. LOL! 

• Options
    We are just starting this process and I am really exited. I found the cloth diaper board really helpful with their faq links and the questions people were asking, even if I didn't post.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKglan:
    To start I used prefolds (for the newborn faze), then moved to Bumgenious exclusively.  

This is us as well. And our cd's are being used on our baby #2. We have been using our BG's for over 2 years. :)

Also, it can feel pricey for all of the diapers upfront, so I suggest registering for them! We were lucky and between several friends, we recieved all of our diapers as shower gifts!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have been doing CDs for Gracie and really love it so far. I got my two biggest stashes (ecobumz & swaddlebees) from babysteals.com at 50% off- so sign up for their daily deal email if you're not already and scores some deals!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagedawnies79:

DH and I are curious about cloth diapering. Neither one of us know anything about it, how much it costs, etc. When I googled it I got a million listings and I don't know where to start. Can you ladies point me to the best places to get information on CD? I'm guessing there are a few go to sites you ladies use.

TIA!

Ecobumz are 50% off now through Sunday night, if you wanted to test these. Very affordable at half off. Yes

https://ecobumz.com/catalog.htm?category=2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageLifesPeachy:
    imagedawnies79:

TIA!

Ecobumz are 50% off now through Sunday night, if you wanted to test these. Very affordable at half off. Yes

https://ecobumz.com/catalog.htm?category=2

Thank you!

• Options

We are cloth diapering our second child now, both have used disposables as infants and then moved into Bum Genius 3.0 diapers. I was really overwhelmed at first too, and someone recommended the Jillian's Drawers trial program. It is wonderful! They send you a package of new diapers to sample on your baby and at the end of a few weeks (?) you return the diapers you don't want. I think the fee for the program is $10 or $15. It lets you figure out which diapers fit your baby best.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"