Nurseries and Baby Gear

Jumperoo vs Stationary Entertainer- anyone have Baby Bargins handy?

I returned my copy of baby bargins to the library and it is now still checked out and overdue by someone else, grrr. If you have a current copy handy do you mind telling me what they recommend of jumperoos vs stationary entertainers/exersaucers. Are both equally safe? Which ones do they recommend? Or even if you don't have the book I'd love any general input, I am figuring both is overkill and out of my budget.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI

Re: Jumperoo vs Stationary Entertainer- anyone have Baby Bargins handy?

• We have both and like that there is variety.  If you only had the $$ for one, I'd go with the jumperoo.

They are all pretty much the same, so just go with whatever is in your budget.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We purchased a stationary entertainer, but when DS kept trying to jump in it, we looked on craigslist and scored a Rainforest jumperoo for $20.  In hindsight, the jumperoo was much more entertaining for him and the best $20 we've spent thus far. 

HOWEVER, at 7 months he is able to stand flat-footed now and so it was short-lived entertainment.  So if your LO is good sized, you won't use the jumperoo for very long.

• Loading the player...
  • Per Baby Bargains, infant jumpers are not safe (same with walkers) so they don't recommend them.

They recommend an Evenflo Exersaucer for a stationary entertainer.  That's what we got.

• imagejaxmom1:

We purchased a stationary entertainer, but when DS kept trying to jump in it, we looked on craigslist and scored a Rainforest jumperoo for $20.  In hindsight, the jumperoo was much more entertaining for him and the best $20 we've spent thus far. 

HOWEVER, at 7 months he is able to stand flat-footed now and so it was short-lived entertainment.  So if your LO is good sized, you won't use the jumperoo for very long.

Have you adjusted the height of it?  He must be super tall!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We LOVED our jumperoo. DS was big for his age & used it up until he was walking (15 mos). I'm pretty sure baby bargains is talking about doorway jumpers when saying they aren't safe. Someone gave us an exersaucer when DS was close to a year old, but he didn't seem to enjoy that near as much as the jumperoo.

We also got two jumperoos as gifts...the FP rainforest one from my in-laws & my dad gave us one from walmart that looked like a horse. The FP one had more entertaining things on it, but DH liked the horse one too & I think it was under $40. You can also check craigslist, garage sales, resale shops for a more reasonable price.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"