Detroit Babies
Options

Pediatrician recommendation Novi area?

Hi all,

We are expecting our first in June and we don't have any friends with kids who live in this area, and neither of us are from here originally. I would LOVE some recommendations for peds doctors - I have no idea where to start looking. We're near Providence Hospital, but my OB is in Royal Oak - so we're not completely tied down on the location. Nearer to Novi would be better - but not 100% necessary.

Thank you!

Re: Pediatrician recommendation Novi area?

• Options

I'm in Northville & I go to Pediatric Care Corner (Haggerty just south of Pontiac Trail).  I've been going there since DD was born in '08 & I just love it there.  They have 4 doctors, so I go to 3 out of 4 mostly, just rotate.  I've never felt stupid asking a question.  Dr. Rowley started the practice & is a bit older, but the other 3 are late 30's I would say & have young kids of their own, so that is helpful when talking, they know from being a mom/dad what I feel, etc......

We have DS's 9 month appt. Thurs. & DD's 3 yr in a few weeks.  I was recommended by 2 moms at my church, who combined have 7 kids, so I knew I could trust their recommendation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We live in Novi and are going to West Bloomfield peds.. they have an office at 12 mile and beck.  I have heard great things about all  the doctors there.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Providence Park Pediatrics at Providence Park Novi at Grand River and Beck Rd.  We see Dr. Newcombe, but have seen a few of the other docs recently and we love them all.  They are pretty much on time (no more than 10 min late usually if at all), take their time explaining everything, and really care about your children.  I can't say enough great things about them.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    Great - thank you all for your recommendations! This is a great place to start.
  • Options
    We also use Providence Park Pediatrics.  We see Dr. Miele and we have nothing but good things to say!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our two kids ALSO see Dr. Newcombe at Providence Park Pediatrics, based on a rec from my OBGYN who's kids see her. We've seen many of the doctors in that practice and have nothing but good things to say. Dr. Newcombe is always SUPER pleasant and sits down to answer questions and talk to my kids at each visit. The few times we've gotten sick, they've been able to fit us in that SAME DAY (I believe there are 6-7 doctors in the practice total). Since our LOs were delivered at Providence Park, a doctor came over to check on us after the birth and again before we were discharged with both kids. I especially like that they're in a medical building on hospital grounds, so we can just head downstairs if we need lab work done or across the parking lot if we heaven forbid ever require admittance to the hospital. They have weeknight and Saturday hours, and the standard well/sick child waiting rooms. Here's their website: https://www.stjohndoctors.org/parkpeds/
  • Options

Hi Everyone,

I am a total lurker, but wanted to say we also use Providence Park Pediatrics for our 8 month old and I love it there.  We see Dr. Miele.  We have seen a few other doctors, but Dr. Miele is my favorite.  I also like that they have late appointments, given that both my husband and I work full time it is nice to not have to take time off work. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"