Health & Exercise
Options

post ur Favorite pregnancy exercise here....

Hi! I work in a gym and teach just about every class under the sun (zumba, yoga, pilates, spinning, weights, k box) I wanted to share that SPINNING has taken the FAR lead over anything thus far. Walking and running hurt my vag muscles to much the next day......

If your looking for something that can get pretty intense without worring about pulling muscles, and keeping most of your body weight on the seat..... I would try spinning or biking!  Just wear a HR monitor and keep it below 160 ..and drink plenty!

Others- what have you found to be your favorite???

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

Re: post ur Favorite pregnancy exercise here....

• Options

I still like all the things I liked pre-pg: vinyasa yoga, swimming, and especially lifting weights.

I'm starting to get looks when I grab my dumbbells, though.

• Options
    Spinning was actually my favorite, too.  I didn't care for it pre-pregnancy, but I started spinning after I gave up running.  It left me feeling like I had a good workout but without being soar.  Spinning also made my 3rd tri backaches disappear. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

::::: pouty face::::: i widh i could swim more but i dont have pool access unless i pay $80/mth :(

Hopefully the spinning will ward off backaches for me too!

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Options
    i don't belong to a gym, so I am limited, but on days I don't feel like walking or jogging on the treadmill, I find that my stepper is a nice little break in between, It doesn't seem to take the same toll on my body as running does... 
  • Options

Spinning has also been my favorite, however I would not recommend starting it during pregnancy. 

Yoga and elliptical have also been good. 

Warming up, cooling down and stretching have been key in all the workouts. 

I have not been impressed with any of the prenatal workout DVDs that I've tried. 

• Options
    Like a pp said, I'm still enjoying some of the things I've always done.  Favorites are jogging and lifting weights.  I'm less crazy about yoga because I am limited as to what I can do.  I'm 32 weeks.  
  • Options
    I do the same as pre-pregnancy - running, weights, abs. I did the same until delivery with my daughter. No issues with running, I wore a belly brace in the last few weeks when running to minimize bouncing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hello fellow instructor!!!

For me, I loved interval training during my pregnancy.  Switching back and forth between a set of cardio and a set of light strength training kept me feeling like I was still working out like I did before pregnancy, but, obv, at a lower intensity.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"