Health & Exercise

pp ab exercises

I am 6 weeks pp, and have lost most of the weight.  I still have about 5 lbs to go.  I am nursing, so I plan to lose it through exercise, rather than cutting calories.  I haven't worked to lose weight thus far, so hopefully it won't be an issue.  I can fit in almost all of my pp clothes, but my stomach looks squishy.  I started doing crunches and other ab exercises last week, but after some quick reading this morning, I guess those aren't good to start with.  What do you recommend?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: pp ab exercises

• I'm a big fan of planks.  They really pull in the lower abdominals and do not build muscle out like a crunch can.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Get a stability ball!  You can increase your range of motion on the ball, and it's great to work your entire body, while working your abs!

To add onto the plank suggestion, use the stability ball and put your feet on the ball, hands on the floor (like you're going to do a push up) and pull your knees into your chest and push your feet back out.  AWESOME core work, plus you get your upper back, shoulders and legs included too!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"