Potty Training

day 1 of 3DPT

Hello!  We started 3DPT today.  We've had 3 pee accidents and the hugest poop I have ever seen, LOL.  I guess I thought we'd have more accidents - that's all he's gone today.

He is napping now, I have his regular mattress pad and sheet, then another set on top of that so if (when!) he pees all over during nap I can just take the top layer off and run that in the laundry along with the underwear from this morning.

Just wanted to see if anyone else started today!

Re: day 1 of 3DPT

• Well, I guess I am really in this now Crying  After nap he had many accidents, but they are getting smaller and smaller.

As soon as he went to bed tonight he peed all over and is now scared of bed.  I even went as far as to get a diaper back out (they are in my car) and put that on him.  He peed SO MUCH in that diaper, and then was upset that he did - which is right, but I was hoping would calm some of the night-time fears.  Right now I am sort of asking WHY I decided this was a good idea.  It's not like he needed to be trained, he doesn't have any sort of cut-off or anything.  It's almost 2 hours past bedtime, and he has gone through another 5 or 6 pairs of underwear in that time.  But yeah, I am really in this now!  I might change my tune by the end of the 3 days, but right I am really kicking myself for putting this pressure on both of us Sad, I feel like the worst mother.

I am mostly just airing these vents here, I asked the mentor desk about the 'scared of bed' thing - but it's late so I probably won't hear back until tomorrow.

Ho-hum Drinks

•  i guess hang in there!

we are doing diapers at night.  she sleeps 13 hrs- there is just no way.  hoping that doesnt lead to confusion but we will see. 

• Loading the player...
  • We started yesterday as well (Monday) and I have a 1 year old and I am 7 months pregnant which = no fun.  But, I have to start somewhere.  He did great yesterday.  It was rather frustrating, but over all he idd great and yes he had accidents.  He slpet in his Big Boy Underwear from 7:30 until 5:30 AM with no accidents and we checked him and he was wet.  We are just going to continue w/no diapers at all even at night and see how it all goes. 

I am overwhelmed- I won't lie especially since I feel like I am not paying much attention to my 1 year old. 

I am going to keep trying.  Day 2 so far is ok- accidents and some things in the toilet. 

I will check in for Day 3.

• imagealaskajamaica:

We started yesterday as well (Monday) and I have a 1 year old and I am 7 months pregnant which = no fun.  But, I have to start somewhere.  He did great yesterday.  It was rather frustrating, but over all he idd great and yes he had accidents.  He slpet in his Big Boy Underwear from 7:30 until 5:30 AM with no accidents and we checked him and he was wet.  We are just going to continue w/no diapers at all even at night and see how it all goes. 

I am overwhelmed- I won't lie especially since I feel like I am not paying much attention to my 1 year old. 

I am going to keep trying.  Day 2 so far is ok- accidents and some things in the toilet. 

I will check in for Day 3.

Good for you!  I admit, I quit.  Ugh...we will try again this summer.Paradise

• Day 3 went well- 1 o 2 accidents and other than that fine.  I am going to call this a 7 day PT process for it to sink in( the steps and all) and then from there repeat the steps- back to basics for a full day and then see how it goes.  I know it could be months or weeks or days, but I am going to keep going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"