March 2011 Moms

39 week appt (Maybe TMI)

I had my 39 week appt today and my OB stripped my membranes, I'm only dialated 1 cm but the baby is low and doc felt his head and when she did he kicked really hard.  I have had off and on mild cramping and when I took a shower this evening a large glob of mucus came out. This is my first baby so I don't know if this was my plug it was about a tablespoon or two of mucus.  Hopefully this is a good sign but who knows.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 39 week appt (Maybe TMI)

• That definitely sounds like your mucus plug. I lost mine as I was wiping. I had my 39 week appointment yesterday and still have no change in my cervix. It's still closed, but I'm having contractions and lost my plug, so maybe things will start happening soon. I still have another 9 days until my due date. So, we shall see. Hope things go quickly for you. Good luck! 
  • same with me at my 39w appointment yesterday. Dilated 1-2 cm and my baby's head is very low too! I didn't get my membranes stripped, but I had a ton of mucus come out after getting checked too. It was brown. I think in both our cases it could either be from just getting your cervix checked (it's normal to have a mucus come out afterward), it may be your plug... I posted about it yesterday & everyone said it was my plug, but I'm still a little unsure, it's hard to tell. My discharge today is still a little brown.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like your mucus plug to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"