May 2011 Moms
Options

Labor Buddies...

So I was wondering if there is anyone who has only messaged their LB once? I don't see mine on here ever, and haven't heard anything since. Any advice? Maybe a new buddy? :)

Re: Labor Buddies...

• Options
    I tried to contact mine, she never responded.  She hardly ever posts on here, except for the time she posted asking "what's a labor buddy?".  I knew that probably wasn't a good sign...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand how you feel. I contacted both assigned labor buddies I had and was able to speak to the second one once but she never responded to the second message I sent. Huh?
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried to contact mine as well.  I know she PM'd me through the bump and for some reason my replies weren't getting sent back.  So when I paged her, I suggested exchanging emails... and she gave me the wrong email. I tried paging her again with my email so she could email me, since I didn't have her right address and I never heard anything.... So I took that as a sign....

Since then, I have found another LB through the May board, and we've clicked!  We email frequently and get along great.  And conveniently, we live about 20 mins from each other. 

If you really want a buddy, I'm sure there's other people in a similar situation and you'll find a better match. Unfortunately, sometimes it just doesn't work out! Huh?
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • Options
    I've only corresponded with my labor buddy once. But she actually does post on here. She just never replies to my PM's. I even once made a post asking for a new labor buddy and she responded to that post but never PM me back!! I'll be your new labor buddy if you would like! :)
  • Options
    Doesnt have a labor buddy! :(
  • Options

imagefraservalleybride:

This Crying

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I sadly have never had a labor buddy.
  • Options

imageohjessicuh:
    I've only corresponded with my labor buddy once. But she actually does post on here. She just never replies to my PM's. I even once made a post asking for a new labor buddy and she responded to that post but never PM me back!! I'll be your new labor buddy if you would like! :)

Yay! Ill be your labor buddy, and we're far apart enough that it works!  

• Options
    It seems a little early to me to have them for this very reason.  When I paired them up years ago, we waited until people were about 32-34 weeks.  My LB was due more than 2 weeks before me but went long and I went early, so we ended up not getting to announce for each other, but we're still in touch.  I figure this time around I can announce it myself.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagefraservalleybride:

I don't have one either. Sad

• Options
    If you girls pair up with someone, let me know so I can change the website.  We have that list so that if you go missing we can page your LB and see if they know anything.  A lot of women came out of the woodwork in January for the LB and May Mom 2011 Lists that I haven't seen since.  Just find someone you get along with and let me know.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My labor buddy and I don't really talk that much but I think we both agree that we don't feel the need to check in regularly.  Maybe your LB is of the same mind set.

For those of you who say that your buddies don't respond to PMs.  Do you page them and tell them you sent a message?  Some people don't check their PMs regularly so you have to let them know you've sent them one.

• Options

imageMrsK09:
    I tried to contact mine, she never responded.  She hardly ever posts on here, except for the time she posted asking "what's a labor buddy?".  I knew that probably wasn't a good sign...

This is exactly what happened to me. I sent my labor buddy 2 pms but never heard back and I don't think I've seen her post on here since the initial sign-up and maybe one HDBD.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    <------ has a great labor buddy  Big Smile
  • Options

I have not been in contact with my buddy. I have tried sending messages but have not heard anything. I had to search just to find anything about her.

31, married mom of 3 Step mom to 1

baby>
  • Options
    I tried joining late and never did see if I got matched up with anyone...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I never got a labor buddy either ^^;

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I think this is the issue with assigned labor buddies. (Plus they should be the person you call/text when you go into labor and I didn't feel comfortable doing that with someone I didn't "know" even though she is a great gal) 

I think if you have someone on here you feel comfortable with, they should be your labor buddy. I know I text mine all the time.

Also, the bump PMs can be really loopy and you need to page them for anyone to see them. I know I rarely check mine! :)  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I was assigned someone who never posts, so I gave up on that.

I'll let y'all know when I'm home from the hospital. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageEJensify:

I was assigned someone who never posts, so I gave up on that.

I'll let y'all know when I'm home from the hospital. 

Same here

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Maybe we can be assigned new labor buddies?  I have only heard from mine once also.  I would love to connect with a labor buddy though...
  • Options
    imageHeather & Nayt:

I think this is the issue with assigned labor buddies. (Plus they should be the person you call/text when you go into labor and I didn't feel comfortable doing that with someone I didn't "know" even though she is a great gal) 

I think if you have someone on here you feel comfortable with, they should be your labor buddy. I know I text mine all the time.

Also, the bump PMs can be really loopy and you need to page them for anyone to see them. I know I rarely check mine! :)  

This!  I don't really remember to check my pm's on here either so that may be the problem with some of your lb's.  My LB and I exchanged fb info so we speak from time to time there and she is REALLY nice but I am not the type of person who contacts her about all my updates.  Just because I usually keep it to myself unless its a random fb post for everyone to see.  This is just a thought, but maybe the next time that we are paired up, it may be easier to be paired with someone who is closer to your area and who you have more in common with.  That may make it easier.  I've noticed that there are at least 4 other girls in my area who are a little closer to my pregnancy week also.   I dunno...that's just my opinion...I do understand how hard it must be to pair up so many of us too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageGigi2195:
    imageHeather & Nayt:

This!  I don't really remember to check my pm's on here either so that may be the problem with some of your lb's.  My LB and I exchanged fb info so we speak from time to time there and she is REALLY nice but I am not the type of person who contacts her about all my updates.  Just because I usually keep it to myself unless its a random fb post for everyone to see.  This is just a thought, but maybe the next time that we are paired up, it may be easier to be paired with someone who is closer to your area and who you have more in common with.  That may make it easier.  I've noticed that there are at least 4 other girls in my area who are a little closer to my pregnancy week also.   I dunno...that's just my opinion...I do understand how hard it must be to pair up so many of us too.  

You're not trying to get rid of me are you Gigi? Wink I have to say Facebook really is a much easier place to communicate unless you check your PMs on TB often. The last time I checked my PMs was when labor buddies were originally assigned because I figured that was the logical thing to do. 

OP, people who are already paired up could always add more buddies and become a labor team. Maybe send someone a PM to ask if you could join them. Just make sure that you page them so they know. Smile

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAshbow171:
    imageGigi2195:
    imageHeather & Nayt:

You're not trying to get rid of me are you Gigi? Wink I have to say Facebook really is a much easier place to communicate unless you check your PMs on TB often. The last time I checked my PMs was when labor buddies were originally assigned because I figured that was the logical thing to do. 

OP, people who are already paired up could always add more buddies and become a labor team. Maybe send someone a PM to ask if you could join them. Just make sure that you page them so they know. Smile

Absolutely not!!!!  lol  Don't think that you're getting out of this so easily!  :)

I like the idea of having a pregnancy team but that would just make it harder for someone like me who doesn't communicate that much with one LB...imagine if I had more than one!  lol   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMissMommyMac:

imagefraservalleybride:

I don't have one either. Sad

Would you like to be Labor Buddies with Me?

Msg me i check my Bump Account OftenSmile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"