March 2011 Moms
Options

Low Fluid :(

So I am 38 weeks today and yesterday when I went to my OB apt. I was told my fluid was low and that I need to be on modified bed rest.  Tomorrow I go back and they will measure my fluid again and if it is lower I will be induced.  I am excited that I could be meeting LO this week but also, I am worried about LO getting here before it wants to get here.  

So for now I am sitting on the couch, drinking water, being board, and worrying.   

Re: Low Fluid :(

• Options
    All you can do is try to hydrate yourself as best as possible.  You must do what is safest for LO, which may mean an induction.  Don't stress yourself out!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor told me at my appointment last Friday that my fluids were a little low, so to try and drink more water.  I was already drinking a ton of water!  So now I'm practically drowning myself, drinking three 1.5 Liter bottles of water and day and constantly making trips to the bathroom.  I have my next appointment tomorrow morning, so I'll see if the situation is improved or not.  I did read that it is normal for your fluid to go down in the last weeks of pregnancy, and I am full term now.  You are too at 38 weeks.  I hope he doesn't put me on bed rest, I need to work until the baby arrives as my husband is only working part time right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How do they test if your fluid is low? I have trouble drinking alot and staying hydrated so I am just wondering how they tell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageStephanieA36:
    How do they test if your fluid is low? I have trouble drinking alot and staying hydrated so I am just wondering how they tell.

They give you an U/S and measure all the pockets of fluid around the baby.  I had a growth u/s yesterday b/c my belly was measuring small so they checked the baby first and when the baby seemed to be the right size they checked my fluid.  They told me that 7oz is a low range normal number to have.  I have 6.94oz, I was surprised that they freaked out over .6oz but I guess at the hospital they like you to have 8oz. of fluid so now I understand the concern.  Also, apparently keeping hydrated can help but may not help at all.  I drink a TON of water so they don't think hydration is what is causing my low fluid.  And they are of course worried that with low fluid the baby can lay on the umbilical cord and cause problems.  So I also have to sit here all day and worry if the baby doesn't move all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"