March 2011 Moms

tmi- constipation and hemorrhoids

My mom had to come back up here to help dh out with lo. I am bed ridden with constipation and hemorrhoids. I'm having to wear diapers! It's so miserable. I am taking stool softeners, tried laxatives, fiber, enemas, etc. Still, I just get urges to push and nothing comes out... except giant bulge around my anus. Anyone else have or had this? Ahhhh...  it's 10x worse than delivery!

Re: tmi- constipation and hemorrhoids

• My prenatal class instructor gave us a recipe for "stick-o-dynamite" muffins. She swears by them and says that they will get anyone' bowels moving. If you want a copy of the recipe send me a pm and I'll get it to you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sounds miserable.  is it because of delivery?  My DH takes fiber pills to keep him regular that might help
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • have you tried warm compresses and massaging your lower belly?  idk about the hemorrhoids along with the constipation but as a long time ibs sufferer it helps me alot if i put a warm compress on my lower abdomen and gently massage my lower belly clockwise.  wont solve the problem but it does comfort.  drinking lots of warm water with lemon works for me too.  (like lots and lots of it).  i've also used sienna teas (yogi tea makes a tummy soother with it) in really bad situations which is a natural laxative, but i woudln't touch it while bf without talkign to a doctor first.
  • Aww you poor thing... I was constipated at the hospital... thank goodness that I was able to finally go when I got home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"