March 2011 Moms

vent about the boot!

Yesterday I was laughing, but I'm definitely not laughing today after a full day of work with this sucker. It does help my foot tremendously, but I'm so unbalanced with it on that my right hip has pain in it that I didn't know was imaginable...along with my back. I have no choice but to walk quite a bit at work (and up an down the stairs 19 times a day!).

I literally went to the bathroom today and almost broke down completely. I just had to tell myself "you can do this, you are strong!"

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (she has no idea about my situation as of right now) and I'm thinking about asking for a doctor's note to stop work for the next 3 1/2 weeks. I just don't think I can physically do this. WDYT about this? WWYD? What do doctor's say when you ask for it?

I feel like a damn failure that I can't make it all the way. Oh well.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: vent about the boot!

• I think it's totally reasonable for you to be taken out of work. It's hard enough being 8 months pg, but I can't imagine doing it with a giant boot on my foot.  Before I knew I was going out early on bedrest, I was planning on starting my mat leave around 36 weeks!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemyst33:
    It's hard enough being 8 months pg, but I can't imagine doing it with a giant boot on my foot.

This! I'm having a hard enough time walking around the building at work just because of the normal discomforts of pregnancy... I can't even imagine doing it with a cast! Is there an elevator you might have access to? If not, I would see about being pulled out of work. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmandChris08:

This! I'm having a hard enough time walking around the building at work just because of the normal discomforts of pregnancy... I can't even imagine doing it with a cast! Is there an elevator you might have access to? If not, I would see about being pulled out of work. 

There is an elevator, but I always have three kids with me when I'm going up and down the stairs.. and that would definitely not work!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a friend who's doc took her off the last 6 weeks because she had pelvic pressure and felt uncomfortable. I think you're totally justified in taking a couple weeks off, I say do it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor, I was super uncomfortable working and stopped at 35 weeks bc being a Bartender and 9 months pregnant just wants going to work (thankfully my bosses were super understanding and have been wonderful about it). I talked to my doc and he said I should just listen to my body for the most part. If you are feeling like you are overdoing it-you probably are. I don't know many doctors that would not help you in that situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"