2nd Trimester

Weight Watchers while breastfeeding

I know weight watchers has a program for women who are breast feeding, and I wanted to know if anyone here has tried it. I'm a fan of weight watchers. Even though personally I have never needed to use it before, I have many family members who have. And they all lost the weight they needed too. Now that I will probably be 30 lbs over my normal weight I know I will need some help, because I am so used to eating whatever I want to right now.

So have you tried weight watchers while breastfeeding, or after pregnancy to lose the weight?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Watchers while breastfeeding

• I didn't do it while BFing, but I did it after pregnancy. When my son was 1 I was still about 20 lbs over my pre-pg weight so did weight watchers and got down to 5 lbs below my pre-pg weight before finding out I was pregnant again. I plan to do it again after this pregnancy, I may try the BFing program but I had supply issues last time so if the same happens I may wait until done nursing to ensure that I don't furhter mess up my supply by dieting.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I did it while nursing and it worked great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, you get to use extra points while your nursing.....I did it with my last baby while nuring
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did it after waning last time because I'd deluded myself into thinking my body was holdinbg weight from breastfeeding.   Turns out it was a brestfedding/cookie combo.   I dropped 5 lbs within 2 weeks of weaning then the other 7-8 came off with weight watchers.

I'll start at 4-6 PP this time.

• And just remember that breast feeding actually uses more energy and helps you drop the pounds much faster than if you do not BF.

GL

Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was on it while breastfeeding as well and still track what I eat on the WW's site since I got so used to doing it.  It keeps me accountable for everything I put in my mouth.  I lost 20 pounds before I got pregnant with this little one. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I joined weight watchers right after i had my son, and was breastfeeding. I dropped 70 lbs in less than a year. And that was with no exercising either. I gained 60 lbs with the pregnancy and actually lost an extra 10 lbs on top of that. I plan on joining again after i have baby #2. I highly recommend it! Ps. my boss at work has been a member for almost 3 years at her goal weight and said that the new PointsPlus program is awesome...I cant wait to see the new program! Good luck!!

• i was doing ww when i found out we were expecting this little one!  i liked it a lot and the points plus program is much better than the old program (imho).

i am joining again after baby comes...

good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a huge fan of WW.  It's the only thing that has ever helped me lose weight and keep it off.  I have full intentions of joining again once I get a handle on breastfeeding.  I've been eying their program for breastfeeding women for awhile now. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• I didn't do it while nursing, as this is my first pregnancy.  Just before my BFP, I had lost about 35 pounds and was very close to goal.  What I can say is that it really is an awesome program.  The meetings are incredibly helpful for support and it really is a plan that works. 
  • I didn't do it while breastfeeding but did it after DD and lost 30lbs. I did the online because I just don't have time to go to meetings. I also have the information for breastfeeding and WW for me to start at 6 weeks pp. I have heard good things about it.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did and I love it!!!  I am still using the website site to keep track of my food and activity but not getting to crazy about it bc I want to gain weight, obviously.  They do give you more points for nursing.  I am petite and in pretty good shape but gained 56 lbs with my DD.  I lost all but 8-10lbs before I was done nursing (she was about 7 months).  When I finished nursing, I lost the rest.  I was down to my pre-pregnancy/wedding weight before DD's first birthday.  I was also working out alot and it took some time in the gym to look like I did pre-pregnancy even though the weight was off.  Well worth the money though!!!
  • I did it post baby with my first baby.  Started around 6-8 weeks and was iffy on following it, but got down to my prebaby weight within 8 or so months.  With no exercise. 

I didn't do it with my second one, before I realized it, the weight had dropped off pretty quickly with him.  Must have something to do with chasing them around so much!

I will say, when I was ready to lose more weight (DS#2 was 18 months?) I went low carb.  THAT was my most successful.  I  was low carbing it when I found out I was pregnant with this one.  I had lost 40lbs within 6 months, found out I was pregnant and have put 15 back on.  I honestly can't get enough pasta and chocolate.  It's terrible.

I have a feeling when I'm ready to start doing something again, I'll do WW breastfeeding program and try to scale out some of the carbs without starving myself.

That was long.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"