TTC after 35

IUI 4 cancelled *&*^%

So here it is day 10 of my cycle. They started me with 4 vials menopur, 2 bravelle and 1 puff 2 x daily of syranel (nasal spray) back on CD3 . They watched several days  by ultrasound to see what happens. Friday one follicle out of 4 was ahead at 16 I think, thats CD7 and so they had me do an injection of Cetrotide starting friday evening then Saturday, sunday and this morning. This was to prevent me from ovulating on my own if the 1 follicle kept growing and let the others catch up. I went in today and the doctor was shocked, I had ovulated! F&$ing seriously?? She can not tell if it was 2 hours before or how long ago. She says we can try iui today if husband can get his part done or we can just do intercourse tonight. (husband came home in the middle of the day for intercourse) The lab was closing early at the time all this was going on and he had less than an hour to leave work and do his part.

Seriously?? this was the last IUI I was going to try. Now I dont know what to do. With the crazy response and such, not sure if it will be worth doing IVF.

Just venting. Cross fingers because now the 2ww begins and all the other things.

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI 4 cancelled *&*^%

• I know i did not explain it all so I know this does not make sense but dont know what to correct.
  • Did they tell you why you ovulated? Geezzzzzzzzzz isn't that their part? You endured the injections, your husband gets to get it on with a cup and they monitor the drugs to make the magic. I am so sorry. I hope this is it for you, though. Sending T&P your way!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • what a bummer ... i hope you had a long enough window.

sucks ... sorry 

• imagebluebabka:
    Did they tell you why you ovulated? Geezzzzzzzzzz isn't that their part? You endured the injections, your husband gets to get it on with a cup and they monitor the drugs to make the magic. I am so sorry. I hope this is it for you, though. Sending T&P your way!!!

my body broke through the 2 drugs that were supposed to prevent me from ovulating. She did not know why. She was totally shocked.

• I am SO sorry about this.  That beyond sucks.  The only thing I can say is *maybe* this will be the time it works simply because it got so screwed up.  I know that's not much comfort.  Your doctor needs to figure out what happened here before you do similar drugs for IVF, because obviously if you ovulate before IVF then there goes that too....but you know that, so I'm not helping by saying that.  I'm just sorry.  But if you didn't have to pay for the IUI, maybe it'd be worth trying a do-over #4 next month?
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Will u have to pay for this iui?? Yuck what a mess! Heres hopping your afternoon delight works!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry.

I hope you get a positive outcome despite the craziness of the situation.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • I'm so sorry Kristin that all of this went wrong. I hope you got some good sex in there and it will do the trick.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• jb2rnjb2rn member

imagelhcooper:
    The only thing I can say is *maybe* this will be the time it works simply because it got so screwed up. 

this. I hope this is it. how frustrating!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"