March 2011 Moms

my right arm hurts

I have no idea why and this is day 3 of it.  at first i thought i slept on it wrong or maybe lifted something too heavy but that wouldn't last this long.  it was feeling better today but got worse as night came. it's like the muscle in my upper right arm hurts when i raise it and now it has gone to my wrist. if i pull back my hair in a pony tail its almost impossible because it hurts so bad.  i have no idea if this is pregnancy related, but if its not one pain its another these days.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my right arm hurts

• sounds like carpal tunnel...pregnancy related. mine started in my 4th month and in my left arm. I had no idea what it was either, eventually the pain eased but then got swelling and pain in the hand. then it moved and started all over again but on my right side. it has become more managable but i wear what the dr. recommended...wrist braces. they seem to help a bit but usually only if i feel the pain coming on and it almost is worse at night. also, it is recommended to drink plenty of water.
  • yep carpal tunnel like tacotoes said. I have the same thing and had it last pregnancy too. It's basically like fluid build up pressing on nerves in the arms/wrists/hands. If you can avoid a lot of repetitive movements it may help. I have used a wrist brace which helped a bit also.  It will go away after the baby comes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"