Virginia Babies
Options

Moving to VA from CA...looking for nice areas, any advice?

So, as if we didn't have enough on our plate with having our first baby...DH is getting transfered out to VA.  I'm hoping you ladies can help me find some nice areas/neighborhoods DH & I to move to. (renting)  DH will be splitting his work time between Chantilly and Springfield.  I looked online and it seemed like the Burke area was nice...is it?  Any other areas midway between chantilly and springfield that are good? closer to springfield if fine too.

Also looking for ob & douala references.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moving to VA from CA...looking for nice areas, any advice?

• Options

I moved to VA from CA two years ago. We first moved to Satfford, then to Manassas and now we are in Culpeper. Culpeper is great; small town vibe with city amenities like Target/Walmart/Kohls/etc. but it may be a bit of a commute for your DH.  Manasas is near Chantilly but not the best of areas I didn't feel. If you do end up there I would suggest looking to rent at Carlyle Station if you are looking for an apartment. Stafford is a bit of a drive but we have a friend who does the Satfford to Chantilly drive and since she takes back roads most of the way she says it isn'tbad. They have some nice homes and I have seen some nice apartments.

There are some nice areas of Fairfax and Viena too. 

Something to keep in mind, which we didn't know at first, the closer you are to DC the more expensive the rent. 

GL and welcome to VA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First off, get ready for a weather shock...I am from Texas and the Winter's truly blow here :(  We currently live in Arlington and like it but it VERY expensive so we are looking elsewhere.  Burke is very nice as is West Springfield where my husband grew up and his parents still live.  We just need to live a little closer to the District since that is where are jobs are but I have seen some very lovely houses in and around Burke Lake.  Good luck with the hunting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At least you'll be close to INOVA Fairfax Hospital. Fairfax is the hospital where any babies/children go to receive any special care outside DC. I live in Loudoun. It's a good county but growing very fast! GL! Hope everything goes smooth with your move out this way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"