2nd Trimester
Options

prometrium - weaning? cold turkey?

hi ladies - 

i'm still in first tri, but i thought if anyone can answer my q, it would be those who are further along.

for anyone who took prometrium - when did you stop taking it? and did you wean off it? or just stop cold turkey? my doc prescribed me some at about 6 weeks and i'm nearing the end of the script - of course i will call him, but thought i'd see what others have experienced. i know they say most people stop at about 12 weeks - wasn't sure exactly how the process works.  

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: prometrium - weaning? cold turkey?

• Options
    My OB told me I could just stop taking them at 12/13 weeks, whenever my script ran out.

• Options
    I was told to take them until I hit 14 wks... but my doc tends to be on the conservative side.
    BFP 6-29-10; EDD 3-10-10; Missed MC @ 10wks on 8-12-10; D&C 8-13-10
    BFP 11-24-10; EDD 8-5-10; CP @ 4wks on 11-27-10
    BFP 12-22-10; EDD 9-2-11 Baby girl born Aug. 15, 2011 via emergency c-section
    BFP 9-5-12; EDD 5-20-13; Missed MC @ 8 wks on 10-9-12; D&C 10-10-12
    BFP 1-7-13; EDD 9-20-13; PRAYING WE GET TO BRING THIS BABY HOME! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started weaning around 10-11 weeks and was done right around 13.  The process was one pill every other day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cold turkey at 10 weeks....but I was borderline low progesterone so he likely was being conservative by even starting me on it
  • Options
    Cold turkey at 14 weeks. I was pretty nervous to stop but nothing bad happened. =)
  • Options
    I stopped cold turkey at 12 weeks and all is fine.
    Proud Mom to Eily 12/16/2005 BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    stopped cold turkey at 12 weeks.  everything was/is fine with my pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    12wks is the norm to stop taking it and yes you can stop cold turkey :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I stopped cold turkey at 13 weeks when my script ran out.  I was so scared to stop that I would end up having another miscarrage.  But everything is looking good still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"