Toddlers: 24 Months+

3 year well visit...

Is there a shot involved????  I hope not!

Re: 3 year well visit...

• I'm almost positive that at DS's 2 year visit, his doc said no more shots until he's getting ready for kindergarten.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We were told no, but then he actually got 2 at his visit. I was annoyed that they surprised us like that. But I guess the recommendations changed or something so they added them on at this age. I think he got Prevnar and one of the Heps. Now I think he doesn't get one for another couple of years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS1 had his last week and he did get one shot.  It was Prevnar 13, which is new.  The other Prevnar only had 7 strains of the pneumococcal virus and this one has 13.  He did awesome though - he was scared and he cried, but only briefly.
  • I just took my DD for her 2.5 year well visit today. She had to get one shot and a blood count (finger prick) ugh. The doctor said she would not need any vaccinations until age 4, except for her annual flu shot. So I'm hoping that doesn't change and her 3 year well visit will be pretty easy! HTH!

ps -- at her 2 year visit -- we also did the prevnar 13, the booster that covered the additional strains. So, if he hasn't had that yet, they may spring it on you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD got 1 shot, I'm not sure what it was for (bad mommy).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No shots for DS til age 5 (pre-k).
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Not for us - we go next Friday.  My kids don't get shots after 2 years, other than flu, until they are 5
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"