Cincinnati Babies
Options

What do you buy at Costco?

We just got a Costco membership, and I'm curious what products you like to buy there. Based on my quick perusal today, I see that some items are cheaper than grocery, (like a giant box of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches) but some aren't (especially if they are on sale and I have coupons.) Are their any of their house brands items that we need to try?

Speaking of coupons, what kind of coupons do they usually send out? They said the new booklet comes out in the next couple days so I would have to go to the store to get ours, didn't know if it was worth another trip so soon or not.

image Ready to rumble.

Re: What do you buy at Costco?

• Options

I go to Costco when I'm hosting a party. Other than that I've gone a few times to pick up a few things here and there but nothing regularly. I did get coffee from there last and also hummus because we eat a ton and it can get pretty pricey regularly.

They have good cakes.

• Options
    I have a Sams and Costco membership, and I have not looked around at Costco, so I am not familiar with what all they have and prices, but I have started buying wipes at Sams instead of buying pampers, and I was buying Audrey's diapers at Sams (Costco doesn't sell pampers).  I do like that they send out coupons though unlike Sams.  It is just a hike to tri county though, so I rarely make it out there unless it is to pick up pictures I had printed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We get frozen food there in bulk if its something our whole house will eat or if it won't go bad.  For example, they have large bags of frozen organic broccoli that are very affordable so we get those.  We also get bathroom/cleaning products (dishwasher soap, detergent, toilet paper, etc).  I have bought books and children's clothes there before.  I pretty much find different stuff every time I am there.

I normally go when I need to get one of the household "staples" and see what else I can find.  I don't find the coupons very helpful for what I buy, but I am sure thats just me.  As for the Kirkland Brand, I have liked everything I have gottne from that brand.  This past time I got the organic instant oatmeal and its great!  We also are big coffee drinkers and like their brand of coffee.

Oh, and I always fill up my tank when I am there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We get our paper goods from there, OJ, Chlorox wipes, nuts, frozen organic veggies, photos and photo cards and the last 2 laptops we bought from there.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options
    We just joined last week so we are newbies too:-) I got a giant box of the Kirkland babywipes that I love because each package has the plastic lid instead of just a sticky tab like others. I also got a giant box of huggies (176) that were $39.99 but they had a $6 off coupon so after the coupon they were cheaper than the Kirkland brand which we were going to try. We bought the Kirkland brand laundry detergent and so far I like that. Oh and the giant tub of peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets = addicting! We had their giant take n bake pizza last night and it was pretty good. Not bad for $6.99!!
  • Options

Baby wipes (I like the Kirkland brand better than Pampers & Huggies), frozen fruits (blueberries & strawberries usually) and veggies (broccoli & veggie mixes), toilet paper, paper towels, veggie burgers, foil (they sell these foil sheets which are awesome for cooking!), hummus, frozen chicken & salmon, peanut butter, lettuce, carrots, pita chips, laundry detergent, milk, yogurt (plain & Chobani), cheese tortellini (we LOVE these for a quick dinner), soups (love the vegetarian chili), coffee (their brand is roasted by Starbucks and is $16 for 3 lbs of beans), nuts and biscotti to name a few ;)  I also look for random clothing deals like I mentioned to you yesterday (Hannah Andersson)! 

ETA:  Oh, how could I forget - they do an awesome job for non-professional photos.  The best you can get locally! 

• Options

We like it enough to keep the membership, but we really don't buy that much there.  I haven't been since December.

I love the photo lab.  Their online gift baskets are pretty cheap and include shipping. They had some neat exclusive toys around Christmas.  Their vitamins are a decent deal, and their store brand Zyrtec is an amazing deal.  They always advertise that they sell USPS stamps at a discount, but you save a whole 25 cents on 100 stamps.  Yeah, I fell for that one time and spent who-knows-how-much on gas to get there to save 25 cents on stamps.

DD is a big fan of their snack bar.

• Options

We get toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, frozen chicken breasts and thighs, salmon, coffee, Pam, peanut butter, batteries, contacts, and dog food there on a regular basis.

We also often stop there if we are hosting a party for chips, dips, and easy appetizers. We've also gotten bigger things there like an outdoor heater, folding table, stereo, etc.

• Options

Here is the coupon book that just expired to give you an idea of what they have coupons for  https://addictedtocostco.com/201102_costco_us_coupon_book.pdf

With the coupons sometimes we get good deals on cereal, frozen items, or paper goods.  There's usually a coupon for either the Lysol wipes or Kirkland household wipes (we like either brand).  We bought all of our formula (Enfamil) and wipes (Kirkland) there when Griffin was a baby.  The membership has also come in handy for birthday parties...cake (limited designs but so delicious), bottled water, pop, snacks, etc.  Some of our usual buys are the peanut butter pretzel nuggets and the frozen spinach/mozzarella ravioli. 

I buy almost all of our snacks (and baby wipes and paper towels) for the childcare center at Costco.  They have a lot of organic options which is nice. 

I have also been getting gas there lately.  When it spiked up to $3.39 last week I was able to fill up at Costco for $3.09/gallon.  

We love just milling around in there on the weekend when we have time to kill...and they are giving away free samples :)

• Options

I don't live near a Costco, but I know my mom loves their pizza.  I've been in with her once and had it at their snack bar and I have to admit I thought it was really good too, I was surprised.  It's something I'd keep on hand for dinner in a pinch.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options

I used to always buy batteries there for the baby monitor! Paper towels, toilet paper, fruit snacks, juice, stuff for parties. Oh and I bought my last point and shoot there for a great deal. What I like about costco is that will take anything back for a year after purchase. Prilosec, wii fit plus with balance board - it was the cheapest price around. Oh, if you buy a case of wine (mix n match), you get a percentage off. I am sure I will think of more things. Oh, they will have cute swimsuit and cover up sets when they start to get the spring clothes in. Socks, oh and I bought underwear there when pregnant and they were so comfy and stretchy. I actually really like them. That was an impulse purchase one day.

I want to buy one of their playsets too, but then I have to find someone to level the yard and install it.

• Options
    Batteries, carters outfits and sleepers, cleaning supplies, a lot of randomness when I'm there and see something that looks good
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"