3rd Trimester
Options

Being induced...wwyd?

So, unless the baby comes early, on her own ,I will definitely be induced at 39 weeks. My doc gave me the choice to choose an induction date. I can choose anytime between 37and 1/2 weeks and 39 weeks. Would you ladies choose an earlier date or just wait until the last minute possible and do it at 39? I'm so confused! I could possibly be induced on St Paddy's Day which is when I was hoping she'd come anyway but I almost feel selfish choosing the day. Help!!!

Re: Being induced...wwyd?

• Options
    Is there a reason you're getting induced that early?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have GD which is completely managed by diet (no meds/insulin). My baby's a giant. I'm already measuring two weeks ahead but I haven't gained weight in 6 weeks, so it's all baby. I am absolutely sure of the conception date so I guess she's just big.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would wait as long as your doctor is comfortable and your health allows.
  • Options
    I second the idea of waiting as long as you can.  Yes, baby is "full-term" at 37 weeks, but there are subtle things that are still developing.  Just hang in there.
  • Options

imageScout05:

This. Hopefully baby comes on their own in that time frame.

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageScout05:

This. If your doc says all the way until 39 weeks then I would choose that.

• Options
    I think I may end up in the same situation. I don't have GD, but my baby is very big. They want me back at 38 weeks for another weight U/S, and I am fairly sure they'll want to induce. I do really want to do a natural birth, too! I am thinking, if I have the choice, that I'll do 38.5 or 39 weeks. I would certainly hold out as long as you can.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehmontty:
    I think I may end up in the same situation. I don't have GD, but my baby is very big. They want me back at 38 weeks for another weight U/S, and I am fairly sure they'll want to induce. I do really want to do a natural birth, too! I am thinking, if I have the choice, that I'll do 38.5 or 39 weeks. I would certainly hold out as long as you can.

If you really want a natural birth, you can decline the induction.  My Hypnobirthing instructor reminded me that they can't "make" you do anything that you don't want to do.  That being said, I was induced with DD right at her due date because she was supposed to be huge.  She ended up at 7#7oz.  The docs aren't always right...

• Options
    I'd induce as close to or after 40 weeks as possible. Why put yourself through induction when baby could come naturally on their own. I still personally think babies that are born before 38 weeks are "preemie" ish :).
  • Options
    I'm being induced for a medical reason and the doctor wouldn't let me choose a day before 39 weeks. Unless they think you have to get her out before then, I'd choose as late as possible.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I was leaning towards waiting until 39 weeks anyways. It's just so tempting to think I could be holding her in a little over two weeks!!! I'll pull myself together and wait it out!
  • Options
    I would wait til 39 weeks
  • Options
    It is going to be hard to wait, but I would also say 39 weeks. That gives you more time to go naturally and avoid an induction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I would wait until the last minute possible.  Don't force baby out any sooner than they are ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"