Health & Exercise
Options

Jillian's (Shred etc) Monday Check In

I'm back!!!  I am not going to bore everyone with my litany of lame excuses for how I fell off the bandwagon bc excuses are not helpful.  I will tell you that I started Jillian's Shred It With Weights today...it's no 30DS.  I LOVED LOVED LOVED the 30DS and the results and the way I felt when I finished.  This video is ehh...not awesome, not terrible.  I have never worked with Kettlebells before so I had to go through the tutorial on the DVD.  After the tutorial, I did Level 1 which ran about 25 minutes.  I liked most of the moves but there were 2 that I decided to skip bc I didn't really understand the correct form and I was terrified of hurting my back by doing it incorrectly.  I instead incorporated my 2 favorite (by favorite I mean most dreaded but  kicked my A$$) 30DS moves (walking push ups and V raises with squat) during this part.  My goal with this DVD is to really sculpt my arms and keep my rear end looking as good as it did when I finished my first shred.  The jury is still out on whether this DVD will make those goals happen. 

Re: Jillian's (Shred etc) Monday Check In

• Options

Awww!!  Welcome back.  I was worried about you.  I'm glad to hear though you are back to working out. I got that DVD but haven't started it yet.  I'm doing the 6 week 6 pack and sort of feel the same. I got much more of a workout with the Shred.  I was only slightly sore after the first ab workout and now do not feel anything really.   I'll stick it out though and move on to another Jillian dvd when I'm done.

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I will be doing day 6 of level 1 tonight or 30DS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did day 5 of Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, I love it! I loved 30 DS, now BFBM, I am building so much muscle in my core. I actually have ab muscles now, they are hidden under the fat that I am still trying to lose ( I have been losing about 2 lbs a week, following WW points plus.

BFBM has 7 circuits, instead of 3 like 30DS. Today I made it through the 6th circuit. Woohoo!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagestrapp02:

I did day 5 of Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, I love it! I loved 30 DS, now BFBM, I am building so much muscle in my core. I actually have ab muscles now, they are hidden under the fat that I am still trying to lose ( I have been losing about 2 lbs a week, following WW points plus.

BFBM has 7 circuits, instead of 3 like 30DS. Today I made it through the 6th circuit. Woohoo!

Are you supposed to do that video every single day like the Shred? 

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageshugs-n-sweets:
    imagestrapp02:

Are you supposed to do that video every single day like the Shred? 

The video recommends 5 days a week, I prefer to do it Mon-Fri and take the weekend off.

• Options

WOO HOO!!!!  I just finished DAY 1 Level 1!!! 

It was pretty hard...  I was definitely winded.  The nice thing is, by the time you can't take it anymore- you switch to something not so bad!  But, I just had a baby 2 months ago- so I thought I did a pretty good job! LOL...

Count me in for Jillians Check in every day!  I also want to post my starting stats for accountability:

Age 35, height 5' 10

SW- 173.

Bust- 40", waist 38", hips 42"

• Options
    I've been off the wagon for weeks now, but am planning to start 30 Day Slimdown as soon as I get over this wretched sinus infection.  Congrats to everyone who's sticking with it (or getting back on the wagon)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"