August 2011 Moms
Options

glucose test?

I went last week and the lab took 8 vials of blood after I drank some kind of sugar filled drink.  Went back to get the results today and I failed the glucose test. I have to go back tomorrow and drink more of that liquid, then have my blood drawn numerous times in 4 hours.

Anyone else had to do this? I don't mind the test, I just want by baby boy to be healthy. 

BabyName Ticker

Re: glucose test?

• Options
    Yeah, everyone has to do the glucose test. I believe its to check for gestational diabetes.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Options
    I know I have to do it but my doctor hasnt mentioned it yet. When does this normally get tested?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I failed the 1 hour with my first pregnancy and had to go back in for the 4 hour.  I passed that one, and everything was fine.  Its the same thing, except that you are stuck there for a lot longer and they take blood every hour!  I would just make sure to bring a book. Good luck! :-)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Dr. gave me a little card at the beginning that has all the pregnancy safe meds for different symptoms and on the other side it breaks down the monthly visits and what to expect. It says 24-28 weeks- one-hour blood glucose test. I will be 21 weeks at my next appt. and assume we will go over U/S results then I will get the glucose test around 25 weeks. HTH
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My doctor orders this test at 26 weeks.  I fear that I may fail it due to diabetes running in my family.  I am cutting back on sugar intake now to try and avoid GD.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies. I'm at 15 weeks and my doctor went on and scheduled it becuase of the diabetes that runs in my family. It was a long 4 hours today but I'm glad it's over with. Now I just have to wait a week for the results!
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"