Trouble TTC

Obgyn or RE?

Hi ladies,

I have a quick question, we have been diagnosed with mfi, but I am also wanting to make sure that I am okay on my end just to be sure. I have pretty normal cycles, I am aware that just because I have a normal period doesn't mean I am ovulating. I did opk for 2 cycles (not consistent) and both times I have had 4 or 5 days of postive opks, and I am pregnant :) So I was reading on the web (shame on me) and wondering if I could have pcos or endo, can my obgyn run test for my blood and the whole nine yards, I have a appt next Monday, or should I see a RE for that.

TIA!

1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
Beta @ 16dpiui=289
Beta @20dpiui=1309
Beta @24dpiui=3969
IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
Welcome to the world princess!
3-9-12
3.7lbs/ 17 inches

Re: Obgyn or RE?

• I'm surprised you weren't already referred if you really have been TTC since 2005-2006 as your siggy states.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• If you are pregnant, then I don't see a need for any of these. However, you should see an RE. When proceeding with fertility treatments, it is standard for both people to be screened. How did your DH find out? That wasn't through an RE? Yes, your RE can run some tests, but they will not be able to interpret the results like an RE will. I would recommend going to an RE.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejbeck78:

Hi ladies,

I have a quick question, we have been diagnosed with mfi, but I am also wanting to make sure that I am okay on my end just to be sure. I have pretty normal cycles, I am aware that just because I have a normal period doesn't mean I am ovulating. I did opk for 2 cycles (not consistent) and both times I have had 4 or 5 days of postive opks, and I am pregnant :) So I was reading on the web (shame on me) and wondering if I could have pcos or endo, can my obgyn run test for my blood and the whole nine yards, I have a appt next Monday, or should I see a RE for that.

TIA!

HUH?! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejbeck78:

Hi ladies,

TIA!

Wait, what? I have so many questions...if you are dealing with MFI...how did you get PG? Is there another baby daddy in the picture? Do we need to call Maury?  And why are you worried there is something wrong with you? Obviously you conceived...

Let's pretend you didn't say "I am pregnant". If you are dealing with MFI, you should be working with a RE, not an OB/GYN. Even if your OB/GYN runs any tests on you, it's likely your RE will need to re-run these tests anyway once you become his/her patient so having your OB/GYN do it would be a waste of time and money.

ETA: If you aren't PG (because this post is pointless if you are) and you know you are dealing with MFI, why do you think there might be something wrong with you? You didn't mention that you have any symptoms of endo or PCOS...and really, the fact that your periods are regular "probably" means you are in fact ovulating OK. Anyway, forget the OB/GYN and go straight to the RE. It's their job to get you pregnant, it's the OB/GYNs job to deliver your baby. The RE should be the one to do the complete work up on both you and your H. GL!  

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ooops sorry, I dont have time to read all the responses yet, but I AM NOT PREGNANT! Unfortunately. Sorry for the error, I will read the rest when I get home.
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • No, I am not pregnant, and my dh found out by a SA our obgyn sent us for one, and he does want us to go to a RE and we will but I have a appt this Monday with myobgyn, so I was wondering if my ob could just do the test because I am not sure that a RE is covered under my insurance.

His count was 19 millions which just makes me wonder if in the 6 or so years we have used no birth control, if maybe it should have happened. I was just curious what was up with the wacky positive opks so many days in a row.

Thanks for the advice, I will just call and make a appt with a RE and hope that we will have luck with that.

Thanks everyone! And again sorry for the confusion earlier Embarrassed

Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Thank you, I hope we all do soon! IF sucks!
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"