Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

ntr: Need movie recs to watch w/ the ILs.

ILs are coming next week.  DD usually goes to bed around 7:30 and after dinner, when they visit, they usually flip around watching different reruns of old sitcoms.  It drives me mad ;)

So I would like to have some movies on hand that we could watch together. (dh, mil, fil, and myself) I need some recs. Last time they were here, we watched Inception... it did not go over well. FIL got way confused and got up about 15 min. into it. And to be honest, I didn't love it... but I understood it.

MIL and FIL are simple people.... nothing too complex, serious, or sad.. just *good* movies. They haven't seen a lot of movies so I don't have to worry about renting something they've seen before. Any recs?

So far, I am thinking Shakespeare in Love.  I remember that being pretty good. 

and btw- I try to get them to play games and it also does not go over well. They like to sit in front of the tv after dinner. Which is fine... I would just like to have something good that we can all watch together.

tia! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ntr: Need movie recs to watch w/ the ILs.

• Options
    I haven't seen a lot of movies recently but Unstoppable was really good.
  • Options

I know these are old, but they are great: (I like dramas.)

Million Dollar Baby

Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive heard Unstoppable is good too. We just saw Due Date and it is hilarious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelawry13:
    I haven't seen a lot of movies recently but Unstoppable was really good.

I was going to suggest this as well. I really liked this movie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good recommendations so far. As much as I love Shawshank Redemption, there are scenes I just wouldn't want to watch with my inlaws! Shakespeare in Love is a great choice. Maverick was recently on and that is a cute and tame movie. Loved Stranger than Fiction which is a thinker but a good movie for this audience. The Other Guys and Date Night were also very funny.
  • Options

Action - all the Bourne movies, all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies,The Dark Knight, the Indiana Jones movies

Chick flicks - Return to Me, A Good Year, A League of Their Own, any Jane Austen i.e. Emma, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, My Big Fat Greek Wedding

SciFi - The Dark Knight, the Lord of the Rings movies, the Harry Potter movies

Drama - The Last Castle, Spy Games, The Client, The Fugitive, Taken (this is intense but excellent), Kingdom of Heaven, The Last Samurai, State of Play, American Gangster, the Ocean 11/12/13 movies

Comedy - Get Smart, Hitch, My Cousin Vinny

Can't go wrong with a Disney or Dreamworks animated movie.

LoL just to name a few...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"