Attachment Parenting
Options

If you BF'd for a year or more . . .

. . . when did AF return?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)

Re: If you BF'd for a year or more . . .

• Options
    When DD was about 15 months old, just shy of my making it to the 2 years without AF mark (this is counting my pregnancy). She was down to 3 nursing sessions/day then.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    11 weeks with DD1, 5 weeks with DD2. Both were/are EBF.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm still waiting.......but to speed up the process so that LO can have a sibling, I weaned him (sad, but tough decision) 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping that AF returns next week, DS is 15 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I BFed DD to about 16 months, but I stopped pumping at a year (she got one feeding of EBM daily until then).  I got AF back when she was 13 months.

I got AF back at 9 months with DS.  He is a much different nurser than DD.  He nurses strictly for food and never for comfort.  She was a total boob girl.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    mr+msmr+ms member
    Around 17 or 18 mos. Another frequent nurser/boob girl.
  • Options
    DS was 14 months old when AF returned. It was right when he dropped nursing at night. I got on Mirena that same monthBig Smile
  • Options
    At 12 months when I went back on hormonal birth control - I guess my body needed the jump start.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mine came back after two weeks of DD sleeping 7hr stretches. She has since stopped that, but my period keeps coming.
  • Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member
    My LMP date is April 2007.  You should see the looks the nurse at the dr's office gives you when you say that and then assure her that you are NOT pg.  LOL!

• Options
    These answers are not encouraging!  I want to TTC but there's no sign of my period yet :(
  • Options
    4 months for me, even though she was EBF. She STTN at 6 weeks though, so that's probably a factor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
  • Options
    BFed for just over 2 years, AF returned when LO was 13 months. I had just returned to work and we cut down to only 2 night and 1 morning session at that point.
  • Options

imageBrittKav:
    11 weeks with DD1, 5 weeks with DD2. Both were/are EBF.

So sad! You poor thing.

We were still BFing every 2 hours around the clock when mine came back at 8 months. 

• Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member
    DD is proof that you do not need AF to get pg.  I was hoping that AF would return before we TTC2, but when it didn't work out that way, I went around the ol' broad.

• Options
    Still no signs of AF for me, and DS us 13 mo. We are only nursing at night now, and I'm not pumping anymore. We only just cut back a few weeks ago though.

• Options

imageVirginny:
    I'm still waiting.......but to speed up the process so that LO can have a sibling, I weaned him (sad, but tough decision) 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping that AF returns next week, DS is 15 months.

This!! Almost to a T, except DS is just now 14 months. AF returned about a month after weaning. We are hoping for a sibling for DS too. GL Virginny!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    4 months. And that is with a DS who does not eat solids and was EBF for 15 months. We then started supplementing with yogurt but still a ton of bfing. We are still nursing and my periods have gotten progressively worse. I don't plan to wean soon but I do hope they get easier once I do.
  • Options
    I haven't been at it a year yet, but I got AF at 3.5 months PP.  She wasn't STTN, and nurses very often, but I think it was because I went back to work and was pumping during the day.  It's come like clockwork every month since.  I honestoly feel very cheated...lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am still BF'ing and she returned a week shy of DDs 1st bday.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD was 20mos and we got down to about 4 session. The first few AFs were wicked! I'm nervous about the upcoming round as DD is as of the last 2 weeks down to one session during the week and 2 on weekends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DD was less than 6 months and still BF around the clock, no solids. BUT one night I went out with DH and went 5 hours without feeding/pumping and 2 weeks later... AF. I have only had it once more again, same thing: went out at night, 5 hours without BF and 10 days later... I guess I am very sensitive to the whole BF every 2 hours :-) And it is not fair, I am not TTC for a while again, so I would be happy to give it to someone else ha ha.
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Options
    around 8 months
  • Options
    imageCD+AL:
    DD is proof that you do not need AF to get pg.  I was hoping that AF would return before we TTC2, but when it didn't work out that way, I went around the ol' broad.
    I would love to get PG my first time ovulating and skip my period altogether.
  • Options
    BF for 15 months with DS1. Got AF back at 11.5 months. Pregnant on cycle 2. Stopped BFing when I was 4 months pregnant.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Still breastfeeding DD.  AF came back when she was 15 months old.  Got pregnant 3rd cycle. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still BF at 2+ yrs and AF returned once I stopped pumping @ work around 18 months.  I am now pregnant - but it took a while for my luteal phases to get back to normal - they were pretty short!
  • Options
    I got mine back around 9 1/2 months PP while DS was still nursing quite a lot, got pregnant right away, then had a m/c recently, so I'm not sure if it will come back normal or not.  I feel like DS has been nursing so much more recently so I am not sure if that will affect AF at all. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member

imageBFab11:
    imageCD+AL:
    I would love to get PG my first time ovulating and skip my period altogether.

Well, I don't think it was my first O.  I can't know for sure, but I had tons of CM and +OPKs before actually getting +HPT.  We actually had to try for several months to get pg with DD, and in the end, I think I was having trouble with a short LP due to BFing that was the problem.  You can O and not have AF.  It's just harder to determine when you're O'ing w/o AF.

• Options
    6 weeks postpartum, and I EBF too! Every 28 days since...
    < img width=250 src="http://tinyurl.com/26erecp" border="1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    About 6 mo both times :/
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

yesterday!

i have to give it to my midwives. they said it would come back with sprout started consistently sleeping longer stretches (6+ hours) without nursing. bang, right on the money for us.

• Options

DD was 11 months when AF returned. She still nurses 4-6 times/day and AF is regular as can be.

Neena Mae. 1/7/10
    "A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When he was about 15 months. I don't remember exactly, but I think he was still nursing 3 times a day when it came back. I almost made it a full two years without it!
  • Options
    3 weeks ago (his first birthday is today)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD1 was 7 months when I got my period back. It was completely regular after that. I nursed her to 3 years.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Right around a year.  It's totally sporadic right now - 2 weeks off, 1 week on.  I hate it!!!  Ds is nursing 3/4x a day on week days and on demand on weekends.  No pumping.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"