3rd Trimester
Options

measuring ahead (stomach size?)

I went in for my appointment today, I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. She measured my stomach with a measuring tape & said that I was measuring 2 weeks ahead (I measured ahead at my last appointment too). She said I was looking more like 31 weeks. I have another appointment in 2 weeks & she said we will measure again & if I'm still measuring that much ahead she wants to do an ultrasound. (she mentioned it could be the baby is big (or could it me excess amniotic fluid?)). If everything is bigger in your experience's how has this changed things? I know everyone says the ultrasound won't be able to tell the exact weight of the baby & can be off by a lot.Ugh just trying to figure out why she was so worried & hitting myself for not asking at the appointment. 

Photobucket
Landon & Porter
1-10-07 & 5-11-11

Re: measuring ahead (stomach size?)

• Options
    Call and ask - dont be in the dark ... I love my DR and he is sometimes a Chatty Patty - but whenever I call a nurse usually gets back to me and they explain every detail. You are paying for a service - get answers ... its YOUR body and baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The MW told me that I was measuring at 30 weeks when I went in for an appointment at 27.5 weeks.  She didn't seem to think there was any cause for concern at all.  I'm not sure that a measurement taken with a tape measure is worth worry about.  Even ultrasound measurements are often way off!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It doesn't really mean anything to worry about.  I am measuring ahead, too and I was a little concerned at first.  I thought "ahead" meant the baby would be early... but it just turns out it means it's a little bigger than average.  Babies grow at different rates and at least you might get another ultrasound out of it!  :)  
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Options
    I would worry much.  I have been measuring 3 weeks ahead since i was about 24 weeks....i've had 2 additional ultra sounds and they show baby to be about 10 days ahead.  my last was in beginning Feb and she was about 7 days ahead.  They are thinking if I go full term she will be in the 8 lbs. range
  • Options

I have been measuring perfectly on track and when i went in at 31 weeks the dr looked worried and said i am measuring 4 weeks ahead. (so i grew 7 weeks in 3)

i have a growth US in an hour...they just diagnosed me with glucose intolerance..i failed my one hour and passed my 3 hour at 24 weeks. it will be nice to see our LO again tho.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I measured ahed for a few weeks and then behind for a few weeks.  I don't know how accurate the belly measurements are
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for ll your replies. I am not going to worry about it & I have an appointment in 2 weeks so I will just ask more about it then. :)

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options
    at my 32 week appt I was measuring 36 weeks. My OBGYN wasnt bothered at all. It is a possibility for excess fluid or your baby is measuring big. At my 34 week appt she was still measuring 36 weeks which is good its "normal" to be off 2-3 cm. I had a growth sonogram and my daughter is chunky lol, shes in the 66th percentile.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a level II US this morning and at 32 weeks the babys estimated weight is 5 lbs 10 ounces. we will see what my OB says after he recieves the report from the hospital.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"