August 2011 Moms
Options

how important is two registries?

I was just wondering how important it is to have two registries? I know sometimes there aren't BRU near people, but we have family in places where there are BRU.... think we need to make a second one at Target just to have another option?
Married 11/21/2009
BFP 12/4/2010
Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
image   imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how important is two registries?

• Options
    If you can find everything you need at BRU, then I don't think its all that important. If someone wants to buy you something somewhere else, they can look at your BRU registry to get an idea of your preferences. As long as they give you a gift receipt, its all good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageSarahPLiz:
    If you can find everything you need at BRU, then I don't think its all that important. If someone wants to buy you something somewhere else, they can look at your BRU registry to get an idea of your preferences. As long as they give you a gift receipt, its all good. 

Agreed. I plan on registering at BRU & Amazon, but my mom is flying me home for a shower & many of the people going don't go to BRU. I considered Target just for that same purpose & was advised against it. Target has an ornery registry system anyway, and people can figure out how to deal with it. So many people don't buy off the registry anyway- I'd stick with just BRU if it's what you want. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think one is fine as long as you find everything you need/want there.

We are doing BRU and I'm adding Target just for the shower my MIL is throwing because she was insistant that I give people two options.

• Options
    I did BRU and myregisty.com. It was really helpful cause you can register for things at as many stores are you want. So someone could order something for you from that store, or see its from a store near them and get it for you. Its really helpful :)
  • Options
    I have family on the east and west coasts, so I have decided to do two registeries so that both sides can easily find a store near them.  I think I'll be doing BRU and Amazon.   I had a HORRIBLE experience with Target for my wedding registery, so I will never use them again.  I enjoy the Target store, but I am staying far away from their registery.
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did BRU and Target. BRU had just about everything but Target was cheaper. I also did Target for the completion coupo
  • Options
    If you can find everything you need at one location I think one registry is fine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagehsunij:
    I did BRU and myregisty.com. It was really helpful cause you can register for things at as many stores are you want. So someone could order something for you from that store, or see its from a store near them and get it for you. Its really helpful :)

This is exactly what I have done as well. BRU and Target that are synced with Myregistry.com so I can add the random thing from here or there and let people know items are available at multiple stores. Then when something is bought, I only haveto mark it as "received" on the one registry 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"