March 2011 Moms

38 week appointment and Dr. stripped my membranes!

I know it doesn't always make labor come right away. But here is to hoping! It was kind of uncomfortable I am not going to lie! BTDT moms, with your first did you strip your membranes and go into labor soon after? I am just curious! Thanks 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 38 week appointment and Dr. stripped my membranes!

• Had this done Wednesday. No progress. I lost my plug Friday night, but no blood. Induction tomorrow night!
    Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doc did mine last Tuesday and I was totally uncomfortable fora few days adn then it went away. :( I was a little disappointed. I had my hopes too high.

I hope it works for you :)

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah I am not counting on anything! I am 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. I just want my baby girl here!!!
  • I had this done with my first and it didn't do anything.  But I think I'll ask for them to do it again at my appointment tomorrow, just in case it might help things along!
  • I hope I can get that done too... I lost the last bit of my mucus plug today and it was kinda brownish/pinkish. I hope things get going slowly even though I have 3 weeks left but I'm anxious and want my little girl here.
  • I posted about this too yesterday. She surprised me by stripping my membranes but it didn't hurt at the time. I'd say cramping started almost immediately afterwards thoug and iIt hurts now. I actually decided to stay home from work today because I didn't sleep last night - lots of pain and nausea. How did you fair? We'll have to be little guinea pigs and update as to whether or not it works for us. ((fingers crossed)) i'm going to try to walk a lot today - even thoug i'm super tired and hurting. Good luck to you!! :)
  • I am getting mine done next week!!! I'm kinda excited, hope it works!! I have heard stories from it working, and from it not working.... I know someone who had them done, and within 1 hour, she was in hard labor.... I know someone else who had it done, and within 2 hours, her water broke... Sooo... it can work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doc did this last Thursday at my appt. Nothing... no braxton hicks, no cramping, no MP. NOTHING!! UGH!
  • I had mine done today at my m/w appt. She totally surprised me by asking if I wanted it. It wasn't too bad, haven't felt very many cramps afterwards though. Did lose my mucus plug within a few hours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"