Illinois Babies
Options

Pregnant & Single

Hi there-

I am almost 11 weeks pregnant & my baby's "Dad" dumped me at 8 weeks (he basically came up with every excuse as to why he didn't think we would be able to work even though he was begging me to marry him and couldn't wait to have kids with me before I got knocked up).  I am fairly new to the Chicago area and am SO sad and lonely.  I promise- I am a nice and normal girl that just happened to fall for the wrong guy.  These days I'm feeling like I belong on an episode of Maury.  Does anybody know of any support groups or anything for single moms-to-be in the Chicago area?  I tried googling but came up with nada.  Any guidance would be much appreciated!  I want to feel normal and happy about being pregnant but it's really hard when I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders trying to figure out how to make this work solo.  Thanks, again.

Re: Pregnant & Single

• Options
    I am a single mother of one and soon to be two its hard sometimes but it not impossible. you can do it if you try dont give up.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry - that must be so hard. ?:( ?Have you called any of the local hospitals to see if they have any classes or gatherings for expectant mothers? ?What neighborhood are you in? ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know it must be hard, I was pretty much on my own for the 9 months i was prego, until my now husband finally came around.  You just have to do for you and your child now, i kept myself very busy, working overtime, babysitting, getting my house ready and stuff like that.  I even went back to school because i knew that when the baby was born i would be off of work for a while and could go to school full time.  Give yourself this time to be sad and mad but don't take to long because your going to miss out on the joys of being prego!  Don't worry things will turn around you'll see!

Renee Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"