Indiana Babies

Community East

Has anyone here delivered at Community East?

I was just wanting to know your experience with pitocin here.

Are they quick to push pitocin?

Do they follow your wishes in regards to pitocin and epidurals? Or are they pushy to get you to do what they want?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Community East

• I believe that is normally dependent on your individual OB/GYN that orders your medications, not the hospital. I would make sure you are comfortable with the doctor's office you go to.

I take it you saw the news last night?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebrithil:

I believe that is normally dependent on your individual OB/GYN that orders your medications, not the hospital. I would make sure you are comfortable with the doctor's office you go to.

I take it you saw the news last night?

No I didn't see the news.

I watched the Business of Being Born, that got me thinking.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They had a special last night on the Indianapolis news interviewing some women who had hemorrhage after long pitocin infusions. All of the medication given to you while you are in the hospital has to be ordered by the physician overseeing you. I would make sure you trust your OB and anyone that could be on call for them.
  • I agree with that it has to do with your doctor.  My friend delivered at Community East and she had a good experience.  They did mention pitocin to her but she said they didn't push it.  She and her OB had an "understanding" in advance that she really did not want it which I think helped when it came down to delivery.  Hope that helps!  

• I delivered both boys at Community North and LOVED it both times!  I don't know anyone that has used East, I'm sure they won't push it if you tell them you don't want it in the beginning and talk with your OB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"