Baby Names

Myavah (NOT ME!)

This is the name of a grad school friend's daughter who is set to be born in April.  I have no idea how to pronounce it (and I'm good @ pronouncing uncommon names since DH is Indian) & am wondering what's the meaning, if any?  A quick Google turned up a "Myava" who is a lawyer but that's it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Myavah (NOT ME!)

• Havaym spelled backwards? If I say that right it sounds like something that would be in Yiddish, but I am ignorant of most things of that culture/language, so its just the impression I get. 

Maybe they were going for my- ava.. as opposed to your ava?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSarahPLiz:

Havaym spelled backwards? If I say that right it sounds like something that would be in Yiddish, but I am ignorant of most things of that culture/language, so its just the impression I get. 

LOL @ "your ava".  FWIW this woman is AA but was adopted & raised in a white home.

• Loading the player...
  • I looked it up on Facebook... there were a lot of African American women with that name. Maybe it's an African or AA name?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imagemj.reilly:

All I could find was:

via Baby Name Wizard:
    "My daughter is named Myava. I met someone one time with this name."

And a lot of Google results for some women with this name ? but absolutely nothing on meaning or origin or how it came to be.

I saw that post... :/

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I was trying to find "heaven" in it or something...
  • imageAnasara:
    imageSarahPLiz:

Havaym spelled backwards? If I say that right it sounds like something that would be in Yiddish, but I am ignorant of most things of that culture/language, so its just the impression I get. 

LOL @ "your ava".  FWIW this woman is AA but was adopted & raised in a white home. 

There is a student at my school w/the name, it's pronounced My-Ava....before I saw how it was spelled I thought it was someone pronouncing Maeve wrong. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• imageforensicmama:
    I looked it up on Facebook... there were a lot of African American women with that name. Maybe it's an African or AA name?

Not as far as I know, this is the first I've ever heard of it, and I've heard some crazy names. 

Why does every name have to have a meaning or a "legitimate" source of where it came from...maybe this woman heard it somewhere and liked it...maybe the "original" parents gave this name to their child because the dad's name was Myron and the mom's name was Ava...who knows?  Sometimes a name is made-up and it's a beautiful creation, sometimes it's a horrible disaster.

• imageSarahPLiz:

This would be my guess.  My mom had a friend ( well more of and aquaintance since my mom thought she was a little weird) who gave birth in the 50's.  She named her daughter Mylinda ( that is my-linda not mel-inda or mil-inda).  She was horrible obsessed with her daughter and followed her to school when she started 1st grade( she didn't attend K).  They even ended up working together as adults.

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"