Parenting

clicky poll daily tv time

How much TV does your child watch per day?
[Poll]

Re: clicky poll daily tv time

• At least I'm not the only one who picked more than 2hrs per day! LOL
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I actually get to click no tv.  

We turn it on about every 3 weeks.  

At the sitter's?   I think it is on as back ground noise most of the time. 

However he starts in a daycare center on Monday, so that will soon change!  It will be fabulous!    

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMominator:
    At least I'm not the only one who picked more than 2hrs per day! LOL

I'm glad you're admitting to it! My kids definitely watch 2+ hours several days per week. They all like different things, and they're all usually in the same room when it's on. It's what makes me sane in the evenings once DH has left for work.

I'll go a step further and say Ethan has his own TV. It doesn't get turned on on a daily basis, but it's there for watching basketball/baseball in the evenings when I don't want to be watching it. 

• Yeah, mine isn't on much on the weekend because we are always busy running around doing stuff, but weeknights? Yeah. Pretty much from the time we get home until bath/bed. I would never get anything done otherwise. Now, they aren't always sitting actually watching, and sometimes is more background noise than anything else, but it is still on. Oh well! Perfect I'm not I guess LOL
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Yeah, they don't sit on the couch completely glued to the TV...but we sit and do puzzles when it's on, or they play while it's on. I really don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it. Maybe I should, but I don't.
  • Our TV is pretty much always on. The girls don't sit slack-jawed watching it, but we keep it on as background noise. If it helps we don't have cable, so it's only PBS kids so it's teaching them Stick out tongue
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I was a SAHM mom, I could probably answer 2+ however since I work, they watch a show or two when we get up in the morning and 1-2 when we get home so I can cook.  On Mondays, its none in the evenings as we have dance.    Sometimes we have a playdate on weekdays and don't watch any in the evening then too.  

If she had asked in the last week (and not on average), I could have answered like 6+.   Maybe 7....DS1 fever finally broke today after 6 longs days... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the tv is on, DS is absolutely glued to it, so I need to limit it- he gets one educational show (usually Word World) in the morning while I get ready, and one show (usually Phineas & Ferb) when we get home from school & I start getting supper ready. 

Weekends are a little more- a couple shows in our bed while we wake up, one after naptime, and usually it's family movie time after supper. 

• imagemrs.wimn:

If the tv is on, DS is absolutely glued to it, so I need to limit it- he gets one educational show (usually Word World) in the morning while I get ready, and one show (usually Phineas & Ferb) when we get home from school & I start getting supper ready. 

Weekends are a little more- a couple shows in our bed while we wake up, one after naptime, and usually it's family movie time after supper. 

This is us too. DS will sit slack-jawed in front of it, and he whines incessantly to watch if we stray from the "one show in the morning, one show at night" schedule. It's annoying.

ETA: I don't care if it's educational -- we watch a lot of Scooby-Doo!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I need special snowflake.  Usually I'm pretty strict about tv (an hour a day tops) but the kids or I have been sick all winter so I feel like the tv is always on lately.  And then the drive to and from vacation we ran the dvd player almost nonstop.  We need a tv detox.  :)
  • I recently put a ban on TV during the day because I was sick of it and I'm really happy with that, they were watching way too much over the winter, IMO. It amazes me the games they come up with to play instead of watching the "boob tube". We usually watch TV after dinner all together or if its a real rainy, yucky day I'll let them watch a movie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know how much he watches at daycare so my total only counts what he watches at home.  He watches one show at home while I feed DS2 in the mornings.  We usually don't let him watch TV at night.
  • Mine watch an hour in the morning, half an hour in the afternoon, and occasionally, half an hour at bedtime. It really doesn't seem like that much when it is spread out. 

• Mine usually watch an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.  But, I said 2+ hours because most movies are a little over an hour and sometimes they watch a movie instead of 2 shows.
  • I picked more than 2hrs, she has her own tv in her room.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"