Parenting
Options

Craigslist job postings?

How much would you trust applying to jobs that are posted on Craigslist? 

I'm looking into going back to work and have seen several positions posted that seem like they would be a good fit.  Most of them ask for resume and cover letter to be submitted but I'm apprehensive about sending it.  My resume has all my contact information.  Even if I took all of that off, it would still have to have my full name.  Am I just being paranoid?

I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Craigslist job postings?

• Options
    If you are nervous about it.  Check out the company's website and then call and confirm they still have that position open and who to send the resume to. 
  • Options
    well, that's the thing....most of them don't list their name and they don't have any contact information other than the generic Craigslist email.  That is a huge red flag to me but it seems to be par for the course on Craigslist.
    I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's really common these days to advertise job openings on Craigslist.  It's free for the employer to post and many, many people look at it.  I wouldn't hesitate to send my resume if the job looks like something you'd be interested in.

signed,

the HR person who frequently posts jobs on Craigslist.

Susie, mom to DS 4/10/07 and DD 3/6/09 (MC 9/05, 2/06) Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

to the op, you put a job on craigslist not listing the company?  No I wouldn't do it.

• Options
    I think it's perfectly reputable.  I actually look at Craigslist before I look at other job search websites.
  • Options
    I work in recruitment for a huge Fortune 50 company and we post jobs on Craigslist.  We always refer the applicant to apply directly on our company website.  If you see a job that you are interested in, go to the company's web site and find it that way and apply through the website and do not send your resume through email but through the official application process which you will need to complete at some point anyway.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

imageLeoChic:
    well, that's the thing....most of them don't list their name and they don't have any contact information other than the generic Craigslist email.  That is a huge red flag to me but it seems to be par for the course on Craigslist.
      It doesn't make sense to me for the company not to list their company name or anything when posting a job.  Sorry, but if I didn't know the name of the company that I was applying to a job for - I would never apply.  A reputatble company will always list their company information.,
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"