October 2011 Moms

Anyone else spotting?

I have been spotting since last Saturday and I am wondering if maybe I should call my doctor's office. I know that spotting is normal and I know that some women spot throughout their entire pregnancy. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have already had one miscarriage, so I'm a bit panicy...lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else spotting?

• A lot of the time, spotting does not indicate a problem.  If you're feeling anxiety over it though, I definitely think it's something worth calling the doctor about.  They'll either provide you with some reassurance over the phone or will have you come in so they can check you out. It's best to have peace of mind in my opinion.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• imageLindsey8301:
    A lot of the time, spotting does not indicate a problem.  If you're feeling anxiety over it though, I definitely think it's something worth calling the doctor about.  They'll either provide you with some reassurance over the phone or will have you come in so they can check you out. It's best to have peace of mind in my opinion.

I agree!

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerenafaith:

imageLindsey8301:
    A lot of the time, spotting does not indicate a problem.  If you're feeling anxiety over it though, I definitely think it's something worth calling the doctor about.  They'll either provide you with some reassurance over the phone or will have you come in so they can check you out. It's best to have peace of mind in my opinion.

I agree!

Ditto. I've been spotting on and off since week 4 and she has no idea why. I felt so much better after seeing the baby on the u/s, though. It's still a bit disconcerting, but I'm not nearly as anxious/panicked as I was at the beginning.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although spotting is common isn't not necessarily normal.  I've read on the Mayo Clinic website that spotting always warrants a call to your Dr.  If only to make them aware.  They may think nothing of it or they may recommend you come in.  It's likely nothing but a call to your Dr can help ease your mind.

I spotted around 5-6 weeks and they had me come in for an u/s to check it out.

• imageLindsey8301:

This.

I've had spotting this pregnancy a few times now and I also have a past miscarriage.  Getting some peace of mind from the doctors office helps.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I started spotting at 5 weeks and also had a loss in October so I know unnerving it can be....I called the Dr. and ended up getting an u/s at 6wk 4d just to rule out eptopic (sp?) and it was so reassuring to see the baby and heartbeat.  I'd definitely call and see if you can get in for an early u/s.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started spotting at 5w and called my doctor.  The nurse wasn't overly concerned but she had me come in and have an ultrasound to make sure things were going smoothly.  I would call your doctor just to give them a heads up.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ditto everyone above.  I had some spotting this weekend, although I already had an appt for today.  You should definitely call your doc to let them know & they'll probably want to get you in just to make sure everything is okay.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have had spotting on and off since week 4 too. It has gotten better though since the doctor put me on some rest (no exercise and no sex). I had a u/s last week that showed that everything looked normal so the doctor said it was likely just some old blood.
    EDD - October 13, 2011 - Can't wait to meet our little one! BFP cycle BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar
  • I agree with everyone else that you should call the dr.  I had spotting later in week 4 and then also again on Sunday (6w6d).  Even though I had an u/s last week they still had me come in yesterday for another one to make sure there was still a heartbeat, that my cervix was closed, and that the sac hadn't come unattached to my uterus.  It's very reassuring to see that everything is OK. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"