Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Anyones 7 month old NOT crawling/creeping?

DD has always hated belly time. Ever since she learned to roll from belly to back, i can't get her to do belly time. I'm hoping this isn't the reason she's not creeping yet. She doesn't even push up on her hands- she just rests on her elbows. Should i be concerned?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyones 7 month old NOT crawling/creeping?

• Options
    Nope, my DS2 isn't crawling/creeping yet either. My DS1 wasn't either at this stage -- he started between 9 & 10 months crawling. It's still early, I wouldn't worry about it at all!
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options
    No full on crawling yet here. I don't count how DS moves backwards when he is trying to crawl. DS does push up on his hands, gets up on all fours and rocks, etc. but isn't quite crawling. Sorry if this isn't helpful - but I do think there are plenty of babies not drawling at 7 months. I think all you can do until you see your pedi again is just encourage tummy time as much as you can. One thing DS likes when he is getting tired of tummy time is if he is on his tummy across my leg - it gives him a little extra height and he doesn't ahve to work as hard to play while on his tummy. Maybe try that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is scooching on his belly, but not crawling or actually getting anywhere. He just started pushing up on his hands about 2 weeks ago maybe. I bet yours will figure it out. It seems like it just happens one day without warning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD isn't even close to crawling yet. She did get up on all fours this weekend and started rocking but then just cried. She hates tummy time too! She is very content just sitting and playing.
  • Options
    DS is almost 8 months and completely immobile.  He doesn't scoot or army crawl...nothing.  I'm actually not looking forward to the day where if I leave the room he's not where I left him.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options

No reason to be concerned. My son seems to have forgotten how to roll from belly to back but I figure he'll be fine. He likes to push up but doesn't have the core strength to actually crawl yet.

There's no hard and fast time line for crawling/walking or any of that stuff. It'll happen when it happens. And resting on the elbows is good, it means they can hold themselves up.

Proud daddy since July 2010
    www.hangingwithdad.com
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is no where near crawling or any kind of mobility (except in her sleep...she scoots around in her crib!) I'm not concerned (actually I'm kinda happy!) and I figure she might just go straight to walking.
    Bunny Love: 6 months old already! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO just turned 8 months the other day and started crawling today, he went from just being able to push himself up and move backwards to crawling across the room in one day. Don't worry, I'm sure it wont be much longer. 
  • Options
    DD is the same. Pedi said that she'll probably start crawling between 9-10mo. so i'm not worried yet.
  • Options

Nowhere near crawling yet. DS pushes up on his hands but doesn't make it to his knees or toes. He only started sitting unsupported this week. I'm not even remotely concerned.

And to the PP who was talking about going straight to walking... It is incredibly important that your LO learn to crawl before walking in order to develop those cross body motions that enable the brain to develop correctly.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

No, I don't think you should be concerned.

DS#1 crawled around 8 or 9 months.  DS#2 is close to 9 months and isn't crawling.

Babies develop differently and at their own pace.

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Not sure what the previous poster is talking about but not all babies crawl, it's not even counted as a milestone they need to reach. Plenty of babies go right to walking and skip the crawling stage.
  • Options
    Mine isn't either. He has never liked tummy time and still hasn't really rolled on his own yet.  The times he has it has been assisted.  I'm not worried. It will come when it comes.
  • Options
    LO just started crawling this week and he is 8 1/2 months old. Now he is a fast little crawler and part of me is wishing he didn't crawl b/c i have to keep an eye on him all the time now!

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DD is not even close. Actually she really isn't even pushing up on her elbows. I recently had to start taking her to physical therapy because she has mild torticollis. Her PT was concerned that she didn't have much upper body strength and she wasn't rolling as much as she should. So now we have a bunch of stretches and exercises we have to do everyday. In your case, I wouldn't worry since your LO can push up on her elbows. Just try to encourage tummy time any way you can. My DD hated it before PT and now she doesn't mind it as much and tolerates it much longer. Enticing her with my phone, the tv remote, and puffs have helped a lot.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry. G rocked for about a month and then finally started crawling with "proper form" a couple days before 8 months.
  • Options
    DD isn't crawling yet either. I'm not concerned. The pedi said the norm is anywhere between 6 & 10 months. I think DD will probably start to crawl around 9 months.
  • Options
    My 8 1/2 month old is barely creeping and not crawling. I'm not worried. He started getting up on his knees this weekend. He'll crawl when he's ready. From what I've ready, it's not a worry until their over a year.
  • Options
    imageflippy1234:
    Not sure what the previous poster is talking about but not all babies crawl, it's not even counted as a milestone they need to reach. Plenty of babies go right to walking and skip the crawling stage.
    There are apparently some new studies out that say crawling is important for brain development. Either way, 7 months is pretty early for crawling. DD2 has been trying forever and has only managed to scoot backwards. She loves tummy time. I can't get her to stay on her back or sit anymore. She flip to her tummy or leans forward onto her hands and knees.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"