2nd Trimester
Options

What are you using for stretch marks?

Im sure this has been posted but im pregnant and lazy and dont want to search for it... lol

I have been using Jojoba oil and a natural aloe moisturizer its doing great so far!

what about you!?! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you using for stretch marks?

• Options
    I only have a few small ones - but I have been using coco butter lotion about 3x weekly and I have a 100% coco butter stick that I picked up at Walgreens - it works the best!!  Love it.. makes a big difference after only one application.
  • Options
    Prayer I don't get any more and drinking lots of water. You can't prevent stretch marks, they start from the inside out. Water will help keep your skin hydrated, and lotions will help from itching but if you're going to get stretch marks, you're going to get them. :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecadegani:
    Prayer I don't get any more and drinking lots of water. You can't prevent stretch marks, they start from the inside out. Water will help keep your skin hydrated, and lotions will help from itching but if you're going to get stretch marks, you're going to get them. :(

Yep... I'm using water, and hydrating from the inside out.  Otherwise, nada.

I've got MASSIVE stretchies from DS.  Couldn't be avoided with the swelling and polyhydramnios that I had.  Oh well... 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecadegani:

This, you can't prevent stretch marks. They tend to be genetic. I do use cocoa butter body butter from the Body Shop on my tummy, but that's because my skin is dry.

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    At the moment I use Bio Oil once a day (only because I have some left over from when I was pregnant with DD) and then I just use normal everyday moisturizer when I think of it or when it get really itchy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejessicaclare:

imagecadegani:

This, you can't prevent stretch marks. They tend to be genetic. 

This.  I use Eucerin Calming Creme when my skin gets itchy, but there's no proven way to prevent stretch marks.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

Plain old Vitamin E oil. My tummy and boobs are a litte oily for awhile but it keeps me moisturized all day and my skin is soooo soft!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Palmer's stretch mark formula.  I love it and highly recommend it. I have stretch marks from weight gain post marriage and pre-pregancy.  I started using it months before getting pregnant.  They have faded drastically!  I have no new so far ones either.  So I definitely disagree that there is nothing you can do about it.
  • Options
    I use Burts Bee Mama Bee belly oil. I will probably still get stretch marks as it does run in my family but I figure buying a bottle or two of $7 oil can't hurt!
  • Options
    Carol's daughter's Ecstacy oil.
  • Options
    Originally I was using palmers cocoa butter. A few weeks ago, I started using Tummy rub by mama mia, it smells really good.
  • Options
    I am using Lamaz, so far so good.  Have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Cocoa Body Butter in stick form from The Body Shop! Smile
  • Options

Shea butter with Kukui oil. I'm also drinking tons of water. Like PPs said, Stretch marks can't be prevented, but this is so moisturizing and smells fantastic. My skin is dry and itchy otherwise. Here's the link-it's cheap:

ETA: (wrong link) https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Hut-Butter-Hawaiian-Kukui/dp/B001KYQ1LM

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I use an organic body oil, but I'm pretty sure I'm destined for stretch marks. I was thin as a stick in my preteen years, and I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs just from going through puberty! And my skin didn't stretch that much!! Sigh. 
  • Options
    I was using Palmer's stretch mark lotion, and then my SIL recommended Bio Oil so I switched to that a few days ago. Nothing seems to be helping - they just keep coming!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Options
    I use BIO Oil and Lubraderm Lotion.
  • Options
    Every morning after I shower I use cocoa butter lotion on my body (especially belly, butt, and boobs). And when I remember, I use actual cocoa butter in the evenings or at night before I go to bed.

• Options
    imageKtGirl88:

Im sure this has been posted but im pregnant and lazy and dont want to search for it... lol

I have been using Jojoba oil and a natural aloe moisturizer its doing great so far!

what about you!?! 

How did you get the little head bow and heart on your ultrasound pic?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday           <a href=Image and video hosting by TinyPicQuit talking about me on The Bump! Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMrsBoike:
    imageKtGirl88:

what about you!?! 

How did you get the little head bow and heart on your ultrasound pic?

www.picnik.com I just edited it :o

• Options

imageTanyaKM:
    I use an organic body oil, but I'm pretty sure I'm destined for stretch marks. I was thin as a stick in my preteen years, and I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs just from going through puberty! And my skin didn't stretch that much!! Sigh. 

Me too- and even a few on my breasts. They've all faded to white lines now but still I know I'm destined for pregnancy stretch marks.

I'm using Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil to help with the itching and drinking a ton of water. 

• Options
    I just use my regular body lotion, Jergens, and apply it all over when I get out of the shower like I normally would. I have yet to get a single stretch mark, knock on wood!, but my mom didn't get any stretch marks with the 4 of us. I also have Bio Oil that I use occasionally when my skin is really dry. I don't buy the super expensive creams to 'prevent' stretch marks, if you're gonna get em, you're gonna get em! ..unfortunately!!
  • Options
    I use Vaseline's Lotion with Cocoa Butter. I'm allergic to a lot of the other specialty products, but I need some sort of moisturizer to help with the itching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"