Maryland Babies

PSA- if goop is coming out of your LO's eyes

then 9 times out of 10 it's bacterial pink eye.  

Most cases of pink eye are viral and cause watery discharge w/ itching, but if it's thick, yellow/green and not itchy, then it's bacterial.

DS woke up w/ the goopiness on Friday morning after the goop visited us on Thursday.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: PSA- if goop is coming out of your LO's eyes

• We are dealing with this right now.  After 2-3 days of clear discharge it became goopy... stupid secondary infection.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That is interesting - I had no idea!  I would put some breast milk in his eye since it is bacterial it will help clean it up.  I hope he gets some relief soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought about doing the breastmilk thing, but I don't have the trajectory I once did and my eyes were feeling a little off, so we are both on the drops (also I was concerned that DD might come down w/i since she was exposed to the boy w/ it again on Friday at her school.)  It cleared them up right away.

I am going to miss when my dad can't write prescriptions anymore- we went up to their house on Friday night because we lost power and he diagnosed DS and sent the spript into the local drug store and DH picked it up. 

• imagedaisyterp:

I thought about doing the breastmilk thing, but I don't have the trajectory I once did and my eyes were feeling a little off, so we are both on the drops (also I was concerned that DD might come down w/i since she was exposed to the boy w/ it again on Friday at her school.)  It cleared them up right away.

I am going to miss when my dad can't write prescriptions anymore- we went up to their house on Friday night because we lost power and he diagnosed DS and sent the spript into the local drug store and DH picked it up. 

I know what you mean on the trajectory.  I have to pop ds off as soon as I feel a let down in order to squirt some up on his nose when it is stuffy lol.  That is super convenient that your dad could do that for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmmm interesting... My kids have both had that twice now since January and I was told by the pedi, the pharmacist and an optometrist that it was because their nose was so stuffed up that it was coming out of the eys (gross!). I wonder how to tell the difference?

• imageRottNJades:

Hmmmm interesting... My kids have both had that twice now since January and I was told by the pedi, the pharmacist and an optometrist that it was because their nose was so stuffed up that it was coming out of the eys (gross!). I wonder how to tell the difference?

This is what happened last time I took DS in for goopy eyes. He got a note saying he did not have pinkeye. Just.....mucus overflow. mmmmm.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well our ped (the boys I watch go to the same one as my kids) told the mom that they always treat stuff coming from the eyes because it's their eyes.  The older boy had an ear infection and the oral antibiotic was also supposed to treat his eyes and the gave the drops to the younger boy, because it spread to him as well. 

DD was the only one out of the 4 of them to not get it- amazingly- considering how much hugging she does- also she has a runny nose. 

My dad said this wasn't mucus coming out of the eyes, but pus.  So gross.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"