Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Nursing Mothers...

When did you go down to 3 nursing sessions?? Right now I'm still at 4. But I have a freezer stash and wanting to use it up. I'm thinking of doing her afternoon session with breast milk in a cup. Which she drinks great out of. 

Any shared experiences are appreciated. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursing Mothers...

• Ha, we JUST got down to 4-5, which is normal for the 9-12 month age according to the printout we got at her 9 month appoint.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Breastmilk is all the nutrition they need for the first 12 months.  Food is just for practice and fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 4 regular + occasional 1 night feeding for us.  He's actually started eating a lot more food lately, but it has not decreased his breastmilk needs.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs.mastro:
    4 regular + occasional 1 night feeding for us.  He's actually started eating a lot more food lately, but it has not decreased his breastmilk needs.

Pretty much this.  She still nurses about the same, but has upped her real food intake.

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• 11 1/2 months. 
    DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
  • He nurses between 4-5 times during the day (he STTN). We are trying to get down to just 4 for now (giving up the 4:30pm feeding). I think he can do this. Then we will work on the 10:00am feeding and go from there.

I'm back to work now, so all but 2 of his nursing times are replaced by bottles of bm during the workweek.

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • imagemojito14:

He nurses between 4-5 times during the day (he STTN). We are trying to get down to just 4 for now (giving up the 4:30pm feeding). I think he can do this. Then we will work on the 10:00am feeding and go from there.

I'm back to work now, so all but 2 of his nursing times are replaced by bottles of bm during the workweek.

This is pretty much the same for us.  Usually 5 times if I'm with her.  I work full time, so during the week we just do AM & PM with bottles at daycare.  

DD isn't fond of solids.

• Hm, I'm not even close to three and they're 8 months old.  They nurse 6-8 times a day and once at night...I don't think there's any way they will be down to three by 9 months.
  • imageemsumm:
    Hm, I'm not even close to three and they're 8 months old.  They nurse 6-8 times a day and once at night...I don't think there's any way they will be down to three by 9 months.

I weened Taylor at 14 mo and she still nursed 6-8x a day then.  She took way more comfort in nursing than nutrition I believe.

• I don't think I got down to three with DD1 until after a year. 

DD2 usually does 4 sessions over the course of the day, and the equivalent of one more over the course of the night. I'm waiting to see if she wants to nurse more during the day since we're finally cutting out the night feed. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Thanks everyone! 
  • imagechemily8:
    Breastmilk is all the nutrition they need for the first 12 months.  Food is just for practice and fun.

Oh good grief. She didn't ask about cutting out BM. She just wants to do it in a cup. Climb down off the soap box.

Ethan has been at 4 sessions since he was around 5 months. He just takes in a LOT in one session. I'm talking to the pedi tomorrow about what I need to do to start weaning him, and the afternoon session will be the first place we start. I'm thinking I'll do what you said and start letting him have a sippy of BM and go from there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"