Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Help me to accept this. Our story.

It breaks my heart that any of us must share this board together. But nonetheless here it goes... No one has told me my official due date we have just been going off of my FDLP. Which would make me 9w 3d. We went to the dr. on Friday for my first "official" ultrasound(we found out we were expecting while having an ultrasound done to look at my cysts).

Well, the doctor did a pelvic and says "you are certainly pregnant, your uterus is very enlarged." good news right? Then we do the "wand" and she says she can see a healthy yolk sac but it looks like the baby has stopped growing @ around 6-7 weeks. She turns the machine off and starts saying that it looks like I MCed at about 6-7 weeks and it will be collapsing,  hands me a pamphlet on miscarriage and says we can schedule a D&C or wait to pass it on my own. We are just devastated. I don't feel any different then what I did 2 weeks ago. I haven't had any cramping or bleeding. And the more I think on it, if I am incorrect on my days then I could possibly be about 7w. I know we were intimate on Jan 6, then on the 25 is when they saw a pregestational sac. But the dr was working under the assumption that I was 9 weeks 2 d.

I think I am just holding onto false hopes here but I can't help but think that we would be given such a gift after being told I was infertile, due to cancer treatments, and then it just be taken away. I know in my mind that this was probably a MC but emotionally I just can't accept it.

Tell me this feeling heals. =[

Re: Help me to accept this. Our story.

• Options
    if i was in your situation i would go to another doctor just to make sure. if you're not bleeding or cramping it just seems a little weird to me. was there a heartbeat? Im very sorry for all that you are going through and it is truly amazing that you can get pregnant after being told you were infertile. I don't know if the feeling heals but I do know that it will get better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Was lurking here and your story seems so much like mine that I wanted to comment. Definitely make sure you get another ultrasound. Most doctor say if you wait 5-7days that should be long enough to see if something develops in the interim. You need to make sure you feel comfortable with the diagnosis. But I will say that usually by 7 weeks you would see a heartbeat, it's not 100% so get that second ultrasound!

To clarify, you can have a m/c without having any bleeding or cramping. It's called a missed m/c.  It's so hard because it feels like you don't get any warning that something is wrong. I hope things turn out well for you, but if they don't know the mc/pl and ttcal boards are here for you! ((HUGS))

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just started looking on this board and your story is so much like mine.

Have your doctor do another ultrasound in one week.  If nothing has changed, then that's a pretty strong indication of miscarriage.

I've had 2 ultrasounds and 2 blood draws to confirm that the baby is not growing and my HCG levels are dropping; however, I've not bled or had any other indicator that I was miscarrying until my first ultrasound at almost 12 weeks. 

It is really hard to deal with and it feels totally not real, but make sure you accept that you did have a miscarriage before you do a d&c.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• Options

Has the OB done bloodwork to check for beta-hCG levels?   And to see if it is increasing.   You should insist on this also.

Hugs to you - this is not a road any family should have to walk down and it just is a great stinkfest.   Take time to take care of yourself.

• Options

Ditto everyone else. This sounds like a missed miscarriage but for your peace of mind, consider going back in a week to check for growth or have your beta levels drawn or both. This will give you clear cut answers before doing a D&C.

My first MC came after over a year of TTC and, like you, I had a very hard time accepting my loss (so much so that I made the doctors check 'one more time' for a heartbeat before the D&C).

I also just learned that I'm IF with no hope for children so I do understand how this miscarriage can seem like an extra-bitter pill to swallow and makes the, "Why the heck did you let me have hope if it's going to end like this?!?" questions much harder. It does get easier, though.

Huge HUGS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"