TTC After a Loss

F*#%ing Baby Shower

Just about to head to bed, check my email, and there it is. Another baby shower invite.

First, my other bridesmaid... now this one.

I just don't think I can do it. I really don't.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12

Re: F*#%ing Baby Shower

• Can you not go?  I think all of my bridesmaids would totally understand if I didn't go and would rather I not be there if I was going to be all weepy and awkward (not that you would, but I would if I had to go to a shower soon :-p).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big (((HUGS)))!!!  Nothing says you have to...I hope you protect your heart.
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • (((Hugs))) I hope she understands if you cant make it

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • I would be all weepy and awkward. And this is the friend who told me, days after my D&C, while she was pregnant, too, that I should think about all the people whose stories are far worse than mine, and all the starving people in Africa, to make myself feel better (as in, get over it, not a big deal).

I don't think I can go.

• awww {{HUGS}}} sweetie
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • ((hugs)) I haven't gone to a baby shower since my first loss.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• imagethewayiam:

I would be all weepy and awkward. And this is the friend who told me, days after my D&C, while she was pregnant, too, that I should think about all the people whose stories are far worse than mine, and all the starving people in Africa, to make myself feel better (as in, get over it, not a big deal).

I don't think I can go.

And that settles it.  You're not going.  :-) 

• Have your mom or someone pick out and send her a gift though.
  • I am so sorry that you are in this position.  If these are your best friends, they will understand if you are unable to attend.  Going to a baby shower a week or so ago was the hardest thing I've had to go through since my m/c.  If you even have a doubt you might not be able to get through it, don't push it.  Hugs to you.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ((hugs)) if you really feel you should get a gift or acknowledge the shower then send one separetly or get with her before or after. You have to allow yourself the excuse not to go! In these kind of situations, knowing your limits and being "selfish" are the right things to do!
  • imagethewayiam:

I would be all weepy and awkward. And this is the friend who told me, days after my D&C, while she was pregnant, too, that I should think about all the people whose stories are far worse than mine, and all the starving people in Africa, to make myself feel better (as in, get over it, not a big deal).

I don't think I can go.

Yikes! 

It is probably a good idea to sit this one out. Big hugs. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• I'm so sorry.  Is there anyway to get out of it?  ((Big HUGS))
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • ...oh and one more thing...who sends invites via email?? How lame is that. I hope she is going to send you a real invite in the mail. I mean I get that a lot of people send out a pre-invite via email but then it should be followed up with a formal invite.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• *huge hugs*  I refuse to attend baby showers.
  • imagejohnnys june:
    ((hugs)) if you really feel you should get a gift or acknowledge the shower then send one separetly or get with her before or after. You have to allow yourself the excuse not to go! In these kind of situations, knowing your limits and being "selfish" are the right things to do!

The other bridesmaid's shower was 2 weeks after my loss. I of course sent a gift, but just picked something from the registry, called the store and paid for it with credit card. They had it waiting at the door and DH basically went out, stopped the car, and picked up the gift. They were great about it.

This'll be the same store. We'll do the same thing.

• I agree with PP's, you should skip this one. Given what she said to you after your loss, it may be hard at the shower to put that aside. The shower is going to be stressful as it is and you don't want her insensitive remark nagging at you the whole time. (((hugs)))
    BFP #1 5/9/10 - Missed MC detected and D&C 7/2/10 BFP #2 11/24/10 - slow rising, non doubling betas - MX shot 12/6/10 BFP #3 3/7/11 - beta @ 13dpo 63, beta @ 15dpo 183 - please be our take home baby! Alex born 11/13/11!
  • I'm so so sorry! ***HUGS*** You need to think about yourself right now. If its going to be to hard do not go.
    Emily Irene born February 8 2011 gone but not forgotten.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. The courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
  • imagebutterfly843:
    ((hugs)) I haven't gone to a baby shower since my first loss.

Same here. If you're not up to it...don't go. In the end you have to look out for your self. It's a sticky spot to be in but if she's a good friend, she'll understand ((hugs))

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
    Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
    BFP #4 5/14/12
    5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
    5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)
  • imagethewayiam:

I don't think I can go.

Friend!?Hmm  She has a very twisted way of expressing friendship, or at least at that moment she did.  I am so sorry, I don't think I could muster up enough courage to go to her shower either.  Maybe she should donate a portion of her gifts to "all those people whose stories are far worse".  I hope that if you tell her that you cannot attend, that she is more understanding and empathetic this time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • Oh dear- I'm really sorry.
  • (((Hugs)))
  • imageHadleyS:
    imagethewayiam:

I don't think I can go.

Friend!?Hmm  She has a very twisted way of expressing friendship, or at least at that moment she did.  I am so sorry, I don't think I could muster up enough courage to go to her shower either.  Maybe she should donate a portion of her gifts to "all those people whose stories are far worse".  I hope that if you tell her that you cannot attend, that she is more understanding and empathetic this time.

This! I agree, I probably wouldn't be able to go either. (hugs)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"