Cincinnati Babies

What to do for a cough?

My poor little guy is coughing so hard that it makes him throw up. I've lathered him in Vapo Rub, given him a tsp of honey for his throat and some Tylenol for his slight fever. Is there anything else I can do to help with the coughing?

Re: What to do for a cough?

• I was going to mention honey but I see you're already doing that. I'm sorry I don't have anything more to offer. It sucks that there's nothing we can do for coughs for little ones. Katherine has been coughing something fierce recently and now Sam has started in on it. I hope O is feeling better quickly. Go snuggle the poor guy. I hope all of you get some rest.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • When Charlotte's cough got horrible I was told that I could give her 1/4tsp of plain children's robitussin cough medicine.  The NP said that was the "clinical dosage" for someone her age/weight.  It really helped.  Maybe call the doctor and see if they would okay that for you.  Good Luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • In addition to what you have already done...vapor bath (that stuff they make that smells like vapo rub that you add to the bathwater), and we always get a Pediacare Gentle Vapors plug-in for his room when our son is sick.  Does he have a lot of gunk in his nose?  If so try to suck out as much as you can so it won't drain down his throat. And maybe prop him up a bit when he is sleeping? 
  • Steam showers to help break up the mucuous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • In addition to everything you are already doing, I also use a humidifyer at night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use a humidifier, and there are a couple natural cough medicines with honey that have been really effective for Ethan. Hylands and Similasan both make some that I have found at walmart or meijer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"