Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Does LO Smell Like Daycare?

Blech. I love how Dez's little head smells and when I pick him up, I bury my nose in his neck for kisses and to smell him but he always smells the the DCP's house. They cook a lot so sometimes he smells like anise and sometimes it's fried fish. Stick out tongue Is it just because we have an in-home setup? Do daycare centers have a smell that LO picks up?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Does LO Smell Like Daycare?

• Options
    Yes, Mae always smells like her daycare. Luckily they have a nice smell. Since she started going there young, I really started associated the smell with seeing her for the first time all day. At the risk of being TMI, walking in and smelling the building used to make me lactate. 
  • Options
    yes! but unfortunatly i dont like the smell. Nick stays with my MIL during the day and he comes back smelling like all kinds of food mixed together. sounds like it would smell good right? nope it doesnt....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, DS smells like his daycare center. It's a mix of the teachers and disinfectant, mostly. Like Kate, I now associate the smell with seeing DS.
  • Options
    imagekate930:
    Yes, Mae always smells like her daycare. Luckily they have a nice smell. Since she started going there young, I really started associated the smell with seeing her for the first time all day. At the risk of being TMI, walking in and smelling the building used to make me lactate. 
    Haha. I can relate!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    I was just thinking this! Noah's Daycare used to be a flower shop and he smells like old roses and soil when he comes home
  • Options
    imageDavid'sgirl:
    I was just thinking this! Noah's Daycare used to be a flower shop and he smells like old roses and soil when he comes home
    Haha. That's a first. I was expecting to hear food, disinfectant, diapers, a particular brand of wipes, ... Not old roses & soil. Is it a bad smell or just earthy? My bank smells like a hamster cage and I found out it used to be a pet store! (that was way more relevant in my head haha)
  • Options
    DD goes to a home daycare, but I love the smell of her hair when I pick her up too!  She usually just smells like the perfume/cologne that the daycare provider or her helpers are wearing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"