Postpartum Depression

Zoloft while pregnant

I started taking Zoloft when my DD1 was 6 months old. Now I am pregnant again with my second and am still taking the zoloft. 

Is anyone currently taking Zoloft while pregnant or took it during pregnancy? I am on the lowest dose (25 mg) and my OB and my PCP both safe it is a class C drug and only should be taken if the benefits outweigh the risk. I feel like I really need it to help my anxiety but it still makes me nervous taking it.

Would love to hear others experiences... Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zoloft while pregnant

• I started taking 50mg around 25 weeks, and my experience so far as been great and improving.
  • I just started taking 25 mg at about 20 weeks.  It has made all the difference and I'm so happy I decided to take it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had long term problems with depression and could not go off medication for my pregnancy. I take 200mg Zoloft daily and was on this much for my entire pregnancy as the benefits far outweighed the risks (very slight increased chance of a specific heart defect).

Additionally, they warned me that my DS (now 18 months old) might have some slight withdrawral affects for the first couple of days after birth (increased crying, jitteriness) but this never happened.

I hope this information helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was the same, started at 6 months with DD1 and continued through pgcy.  I did try to wean early on in the pgcy and I realized I needed it.

I have since switched to wellbutrin.  But the zoloft was good for me during that stage.

Good luck!

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"