Breastfeeding
Options

Anyone get free tubing from Medela?

I was going to order new tubing from Amazon for my PISA, but after reading a number of reviews, I saw that quite a few people called and received free tubing from Medela. I've called 3 times, once saying I've been told they'll send them at no cost. While everyone was super friendly, no one offered to send out the tubing, unless I bought the pump very recently. Medela wants $20 + shipping, so I can get it cheaper from Amazon, but if I can get them for free, there are other baby things I can spend that money on. Has anyone called and received new tubing at no cost after calling Medela? If so, how did you get the no cost tubing and how long before calling did you purchase your pump?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LIttle Bug - BFP - 11/4/09 - M/C - 1/8/10

Re: Anyone get free tubing from Medela?

• Options
    Not only could I not get free tubing from them when I called, I couldn't order it from them, either.  How do you order it for $20?  The reviews of hair in the tubes, etc. on Amazon scared me from that.  The only thing Medela would do for me is give me the phone # to a hospital and 2 drugstores, none of which have tubing.  It was completely ridiculous and the whole thing ticked me off bigtime! One of my tubes has a lot of dried spots in it and I've tried washing it and cannot get it clean.

• Options
    erm, i told them mold had grown in my tubing which they said can happen when condensation remains inside and they overnighted me new tubing and a spare parts kit for my freestyle, no questions asked, no proof of purchase needed and totally free.  FYI, to prevent this from happening they told me to run it an extra 2 minutes after each pump session with only the tubing attached to clear out any condensation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard you can buy tubing from a pet store, like fish tank tubing.  Apparently it's the same size and super cheap!
  • Options
    I just got a new one the other day. I call at around 4pm, told them that the tube was loose in the pump and I had to hold it in place the whole time I was pumping. The guy asked for my shipping info and whatnot and by noon the next day I had a new one, no charge, no questions. Was there a problem with yours or you just want an extra or new one?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would like to have some spare tubes just in case something happens, and I'm also worried about the tube that has all the spots in it.  I was running the pump an extra couple minutes most of the time after pumping but I guess on the occasions I forgot, this problem developed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"