Multiples

Csection & 2 story house?

I had a csection with my son and got around fine after, but we lived in a one story at the time.  We now live in a 2 story house.  DH seems to think it's going to be hard for me to go up and down the stairs this time around.  Is it difficult to go up/down stairs post csection?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Csection & 2 story house?

• Stairs weren't so bad for me, the thing I really had a hard time with was just being on my feet for an real length of time.  But, I could pretty easily navigate the stairs in my home, so don't worry, you should be fine!  Just go slowly...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had no problem with the stairs whatsoever. 

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was fine with the stairs. I just tried to limit how much I went up and down them because I didn't want to overdo it again (like I did in the hospital).
  • i had no problem either. and i had to go down, up, down, up for every feeding at night. 
  • I'm not having any problems with stairs. I just take it slow.
  • i had no problem at all with stairs.  I was in the hospital for 4 nights - and when i got home I felt pretty damn good when on meds - i was doing the stairs (i had to, we only have one bathroom and it's upstairs) right away - i actually had to remind myself to take it easy b/c i was just going up them like normal and then thought "oh- wait- i should probably go slower".

it was 100x's easier for me to be on my feet and doing stairs after my c/s than it was after my vaginal birth!

• I guess I'm the only one who struggled a bit on the stairs, we set me and the babies up downstairs so I only had to go up for showers.  
  • I was told to limit how many times I went up and down the stairs for the first few weeks.  I would normally only go up and down about 2ce a day.

• I had no problem with stairs, but just try to limit how many times you go up and down them. I would try to group together and do everything I needed to do upstairs all at one time, instead of repeatedly going up and down.
  • They were no problem for me.  I literally had to slow myself down b/c I felt fine going up them.
  • we only have 1 bathroom on the 2nd floor...so I was up and down...I just took it slow and it was fine...
  • imageMontyMrs:
    I guess I'm the only one who struggled a bit on the stairs, we set me and the babies up downstairs so I only had to go up for showers.  

Ditto this.  Plus I couldn't get into my bed so I stayed downstairs on the couch for the first few weeks...it wasn't that bad that's where I was for about a month before I delivered too!! LOL

TTC #1 since Sept. 2006 -- Oct. 2009 IVF # 1 - BFP - 1st Beta 325 - 2nd Beta 753 1st U/S TWINS! 2nd U/S 2 Beautiful Heartbeats flickering on the screen!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Okay good, that makes me feel better!  Thanks everyone!  I figure for the most part we will all be downstairs during the day, but I cloth diaper so do all diaper changes upstairs on the changing table where all my supplies are so I don't have to have double the set up downstairs, we just don't have the space.  We'll see how I feel, if it's too much I'll have to set something temporarily up downstairs so I can limit my trips up! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"