October 2011 Moms
Options

Gross Out Factor Way Cranked Up

Thus far, I have been pretty fortunate not to have had any m/s to really speak of.  Specifically, I have not experienced any notable waves of nausea except when associated with my near constant heartburn (which comes even after I drink water... awesome!)

*But* ... I do find that my "gross out factor" is dialed way up!  The other day, I was watching tv and they showed a picture of some dude's teeth.  It made me want to puke (not literally, but I was just totally revolted).  I have this same reaction to food commercials (though I can eat just fine) and to people's body odor/cologne/perfume.  Anyone experiencing this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gross Out Factor Way Cranked Up

• Options

Yes, and DH likes to take advantage of it. He thinks it's funny to see me gag...

Also, I work at a low-income community clinic, and I spend my Friday mornings seeing patients at a homeless day center. I've definitely noticed that I'm much less tolerant of bodily smells. I usually have a stomach like a rock, or at least I'm able to just breathe through my mouth. Not any more!  

• Options
    I haven't, but I wanted to mention that I went to U of M, too -- graduated from their business school in 2005.  Go Blue! Smile
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejholbel:
    I haven't, but I wanted to mention that I went to U of M, too -- graduated from their business school in 2005.  Go Blue! Smile

Awesome!  I actually didn't graduate from U of M, but I did do my predoctoral internship and my postdoc there, hence my allegiance.  :-)

• Options
    imageUofMWolverines:

imagejholbel:

Awesome!  I actually didn't graduate from U of M, but I did do my predoctoral internship and my postdoc there, hence my allegiance.  :-)

That works, too.  I see you are still in the Michigan area...whereabouts in MI?  I am in Livonia.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejholbel:
    imageUofMWolverines:

imagejholbel:

That works, too.  I see you are still in the Michigan area...whereabouts in MI?  I am in Livonia.

We're in the Lansing area, but I actually work in Ann Arbor.

• Options
    I have been lucky with m/s so far ... but when several people I had dinner with this weekend had broccoli as a side dish, I almost had to leave the table.
    TTC: 7/09, Saw RE for testing 12/10 Surprise BFP #1: 1/30/11, EDD 10/9/11, M/C: 3/10/11 9w4d, D&C: 3/11/11 More RE testing 12/11, Approved for IUI Surprise BFP #2: 1/24/12 , Chemical Pregnancy lost 1/30/12 Waiting For My Turn...
  • Options

whoa--this is definitely the same for me!

A coworker wears this cologne that used to be very pleasant in the office, now when he walks by its like 100% overkill!! my sniffer is totally more sensitive now, and because of that can find my stomach flip flopping at a moments notice!

Also, I used to hate the smell of coffee... now I love it!! how long does this last?? lol

Congrats to all of you mommy-to be's!

• Options
    The "non-existent" smell of my fridge has sent me to the bathroom.  The smell of my pee makes me want to puke.  The smell of my mint hand soap makes me want to puke.  Oh and when I was at Chipotle for lunch (which is next to a Starbucks), the heater was on and I could smell coffee from the ventilation system.  Please tell me the sensitivity isn't as bad in 2nd tri.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    YES! Funny you mention this... My cat puked this morning and I was so grossed out I had to drop a paper towel over it and barricade it so the dogs wouldn't get to it. My DH woke up a short while later and cleaned it up :-) it def would not have been a good situation!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    image Visit The Nest!
    TTC Since April 2010 BFP #1 - 6/27/10 ... M/C - 7/12/10 BFP #2 - 1/22/11 ... Praying for a sticky one!!!
  • Options
    I was trying to eat and watch a tv show that featured something gross happening and had to turn the station. This is from the girl that was eating cookies over our cadaver during our cat disection in high school...
    BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I walked around Sunday insisting that everyone, including my husband, reeked.  I'm hoping that was just a once in a pregnancy type of day.

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't stand the smell of my lunch bag and swear there is this odor of bad fruit somewhere in the kitchen.  But my husband who can smell anything thinks i'm crazy. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"