Breastfeeding

Which hold do you use?

And do you change it up? How often..? 

Re: Which hold do you use?

• I almost always use the cross-cradle position; it has always been the most natural for me. For middle of the night feedings, I use the side-lying position.

When I was dealing with nipple soreness in the early weeks of nursing DD1, I would switch it up with the football hold every so often but I never felt as natural with it.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • guess i'm a creature of habit. i nurse her on the glider in the cross cradle position. sometimes i'll nurse her sitting up in my lap once a day or so. at night i use the my brest friend in bed.

i also do the side lying position if i'm too exhausted to sit up to feed her in the middle of the night.

• Loading the player...
  • Usually cross cradle during the day, but lately she's wanted to sit up to eat so I sit her on my knee and she eats.  During the night we always use side-lying, I actually think she prefers it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my daughter loves to be tummy to tummy with me, I like it too it is easier on my back then side-lying. Other than that she likes to sit-up and nurse too!

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • A lactation nurse taught me the football hold at his first check up, and we've been doing that ever since! He gulped and slurped, it's like he was saying "FINALLY, LADY, YOU SHOWED UP WITH THE GRUB!". 9 months and counting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"