Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

do you give bottles to LO when sick?

DS has had a cold since last Wednesday and started to refuse his sippy cup. We stopped bottles when he turns one but that's all he'll drink out of right now. I know he needs his liquids so I'm just going with the flow. Am I going to regret my decision when he's better and have issues going back to the sippy cup?

Re: do you give bottles to LO when sick?

• We have given DD bottles when she was sick.  She wasn't wanting to eat, but would drink a bottle.  Now she is back to her sippy.  I wouldn't worry too much and just make sure he is getting the calories he needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD is 16.5 months old and was sick this last week for only the 2nd time in her life. We gave her about 4 bottles/day of milk while she was sick. It was the only thing she would eat/drink.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, today is DD's fourth day of fever and she's been getting bottles.  She isn't eating well and I'm afraid that if I put her to bed without a bottle she'll wake up hungry in the middle of the night.  She's been having a bottle first thing in the morning also, because her fever is usually high at that point and she's hungry, but too miserable to eat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Once we were off bottles out of the house they went and we never looked back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • imagebenkari:
    Once we were off bottles out of the house they went and we never looked back.

This was us. The day he fully went on sippy cups, I washed and sterilized all of the bottles and put them completely out of sight. He hasn't had one since, even when he was sick. Will your LO drink from a straw? If you are nervous about the bottle, maybe let LO drink out of a regular cup with a straw.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Our First Baby - Jax born 08/27/2009 BFP #2 01/27/2010 - Natural Miscarriage - 02/20/2010 @ 9w BFP #3 12/26/2010 - EDD 08/27/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope. Once we moved on to sippy cups... we never looked back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"